Public Transit Your Call

Which would you rather..  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather..

• Car
    • Bus
    • Walking *cuz your a hippy*
    • Other *as in borrowing your neighbours car without his or her knowledge*

Man, you guys are freaking Lauren out. The busses aren't packed with crazies and inches deep in puke - that's sick. I take the bus 2-3 times a day and 99% of the time there are no crazy people... but yeah, if you get on at rideau st at 3am, there will be alot of drunk people, a few of which will need to puke... but they don't all just spray on the bus unless they can't get to the door first. Normally I'm pretty drunk then too, so it's a great way of meeting people.

is it, like all over the bus? do the buses always smell like alcohol puke (i hate no smell more than alcohol puke)?

Don't worry about the buses too much Lauren, my two friends here have witnessed something I haven't in the 2 years that I've been takin the OCTranspo...although I can see how the bus would really screw up a drunk though. The 95 is the greatest on a Friday or Saturday night after the bars close, you can do just about anything on the bus because there are so many people and the bus driver just doesn't care that late at night.

Definetly get some headphones or take up reading on the bus, it keeps the crazies at bay as they know you can't hear them

i am fairly certain that i will get raped if i go out alone.

you're that irresistable?

Duh

I prefer bus to walking, but only because I'm about a 3 hour walk or so from work.

As long as you have a portable music player or a book if you can read on the bus it's perfectly fine. I just lay back and listen to tunes for 90 mins everyday or audiobooks (Reading in a moving vehicle makes me sick). I kinda like the bus, it's a good buffer time between work and home.

The only thing that sucks about public transit in Halifax is it is pretty inefficient. It takes longer than going straight from point a to point b obviously, and if you're running 5 or 10 mins late going somewhere you all of a sudden are anywhere from 30 mins to 2 hours late depending on how many buses you need to take or how different routes connect, or how often departures are.

Fortunately I only take one bus to work and it runs every half an hour. I normally get to work 25 mins early so if I miss the first bus I'm only 5 mins late.

Edited by Monochrome Rainbow

do you have one of those 5 gallon purses?

my summer purse is large but the one i usually use is pretty small. all it has in it is my wallet, moisturizer, lip balm, certs, a pen and my cell phone. and that's all it can fit. well, i guess i could fit my keys in there but we never lock the house and i an't drive so i don't have any car keys. so there is no point in carrying them around.