Moonlight_Graham

N. Korea Missle Tests

meh, i am taking the US side on this one, North Korea did start the Korean Wa... i mean Korean Conflict. The "President" of North Korea is crazy, and his only means of generating money for his country is by selling military weapons. Even though the US has bombs that can kill the world a million times over, North Korea has 1000 artillery tanks pointed at Soul, South Korea. So far the world has been trying to work with North Korea peacefully, North Korea just wants it own way.

An interesting bit from Time magazine.

The Bush Administration has tried to downplay the mounting danger posed by North Korea. That might be the understandable reaction of officials necessarily preoccupied with the ongoing campaign in Iraq. But it is not prudent or safe. Although the July 4 test of the Taepo Dong 2 missile

Actually the US is not nearly as well-equipped to shoot down incoming missiles as most people think. America's anti-ballistic system has been tested and as of yet only offers a success rate ranging from 40 to 54 percent. Most of it's coastal defense batteries rely on the patriot missile system, which is NOT designed to shoot down ICBM's but rather short- and intermediate-range missiles like SCUD's and cruise missiles, and even those don't offer a 100% success rate.

While N. Korea is not as advanced in terms of ballistic missile capabilities, Russia has deployed a new type of ICMB called the Topol-M which is capable of evading any existing anti-missile defense.

and that is why we need the star wars misslie defense system that has the space based lazor that will shoot the missiles down. but that will cost billions and billions of tax dollars (thankfully US tax dollars) and the US military using a old radar system in Canada's north. which i am also ok with as long as the US doesnt piss of the people living in the norther part of Canada.

and that is why we need the star wars misslie defense system that has the space based lazor that will shoot the missiles down. but that will cost billions and billions of tax dollars (thankfully US tax dollars) and the US military using a old radar system in Canada's north. which i am also ok with as long as the US doesnt piss of the people living in the norther part of Canada.

It's already outdated before full completion.

well, if they armed the nuclear warheads before they launch them, it doesnt matter if they get hit with an anti-missile missile, they are still going to go off, and we are going to be screwed.

i know that i don't know a lot about politics and way less about anything military, but why are the u.s. the people that get to decide who gets to have missiles and bombs and whatever?

(i wish that there could be a fake korean war II so that there could be another M*A*S*H).

hahahaha yes man! That's awsome, im glad your reading the book i lent yah, im almost done with yours!

And about the research, I do read probably everyday on geo-politics, but im a pathetic person with no life haha so really, it's nothing to be proud of.

I'm not too worried about it since they likely won't use the missiles. They'd be really really really stupid if they intend to use it. That and I bet the US can shoot down missiles like cake.

You have any real faith in the US military or The Pentagon after whats happened since, oh, Vietnam? I dunno if i'd trust the U.S. to defend them & us like i used to.

With N. Korea, i don't think they'll use them on us or anyone else, unless someone does something dumb & puts them in a corner. Kim Jong Il is just doing all this for posturing & attention. He has a Napolean complex IMO & likes to look powerful & loves all this attention & fear of him. IMO he's not a madman like a Saddam or Hitler. The biggest fear by far is N. Korea selling these weapons to a more dangerous nation or terrorists.

Not sure how this will all end, but in order to shut down the nukes program its going to cost us & allies tons of money to compensate for what the N. Koreans could get for them on the black market.