Moonlight_Graham

N. Korea Missle Tests

hahahaha yes man! That's awsome, im glad your reading the book i lent yah, im almost done with yours!

And about the research, I do read probably everyday on geo-politics, but im a pathetic person with no life haha so really, it's nothing to be proud of.

You kiddin, I love this book man. If you didn't have one of my books you probably wouldn't get this one back. I find myself getting more and more interested in the geo-politics and philosphy. Kinda gives me a break from dealing with computers all the time.

President Bush brought this on himself. in his state of the union address many years ago, he lumped Iraq, Iran and North Korea in together as the axis of evil. So then Iran and North Korea see how the u.s. started a war with Iraq, so they're both probably thinking that they're next. then they started to develop weapons programs. I'm not that surprised

Kim Jong Ill is a big fan of American films. Fact.

Star Wars (the defence system, not the movie) doesn't work and won't ever work. If you had a "lazor" in space, why would you use it to shoot down ICBMs when you could hold the entire planet for ransom. GoldenEye anyone?

North Korea isn't a threat to anybody except for South Korea.

4. Yes again Kim Jong-Il is insane, but so is George Bush, in fact, George Bush has done FAR worse for the entire PLANET then i think Kim Jong-Il could ever even dream of doing.

Just this one point that I'd like to explore a bit: do you think that Kim Jong-Il would be as bad or worse than Bush if he had access to an army like the American armed forces? North Korea has a huge army (fourth largest in the world), but it can't be as advanced as the Americans. As well, North Korea doesn't have many natural resources as the Americans do. Their economy isn't exactly the strongest.

If the roles were reversed, do you think George Bush would be doing everything he can to develop a nuclear weapon? I don't think so. He may be a complete dolt, but he's not insane, nor is he evil (Cheney on the other hand...).

This is an interesting read.

If the roles were reversed, do you think George Bush would be doing everything he can to develop a nuclear weapon? I don't think so. He may be a complete dolt, but he's not insane, nor is he evil (Cheney on the other hand...).

If the roles were reversed we'd have absolutely no idea how things would play out. Lives are too complicated to be able to say whether Bush would have been able to climb the ranks of political power in North Korea or not, remember he largely got into poltical power by his friends and family, they'd all have to be in North Korea too for that to happen. Also, i think i'd have to disagree with the evil part. He's the only president to have put a signing statement ( basically meaning that the law's he signs he can use at his discretion and does not have to follow) on hundreds of bills, more then any president, and he has done this to his "anti-torture" McCain bill. Which basically means its up to him and him alone, not the law, whether someone gets tortured(Even though the Supreme Court just said they have to follow the Geneva Convention in Git'mo).

But yah, i'd say you'd have to be evil to be the president of the U.S., not to mention who Bush chills with, Rumsfeld, Cheny, he's well aware of what their doing. Also the project for the New American Century ( if you bother to read it) is pure evil, imperial bullshit. And the people who wrote that, are also his friends, and totally insane.

Also, i think i'd have to disagree with the evil part. He's the only president to have put a signing statement ( basically meaning that the law's he signs he can use at his discretion and does not have to follow) on hundreds of bills, more then any president, and he has done this to his "anti-torture" McCain bill. Which basically means its up to him and him alone, not the law, whether someone gets tortured(Even though the Supreme Court just said they have to follow the Geneva Convention in Git'mo).

But yah, i'd say you'd have to be evil to be the president of the U.S., not to mention who Bush chills with, Rumsfeld, Cheny, he's well aware of what their doing. Also the project for the New American Century ( if you bother to read it) is pure evil, imperial bullshit. And the people who wrote that, are also his friends, and totally insane.

Oh yeah, I know all about PNAC and all that fun.

But the thing is, if you read the link I gave, then it seems like Cheney is the real evil "genius" behind most of what this administration does. Remember, Cheney was the one who was tasked to find a VP for Bush back in 2000 and ended up choosing himself.

First it was the End of Cowboy Diplomacy, and the ascendancy of diplomacy in dealing with Iran--leaving Sy Hersch with some egg on his face.

Then it was the Bush Administration failing to act on their usual grandstanding and belligerence to the other branches of government by actually reversing their ground on detainees after the Hamdan decision--not just for those at Gitmo, but also for those at CIA prisons worldwide.

And now the third blow in less than a week: The end of unconditional Halliburton contracts in Iraq, and the divvying up of contracting duties to no less than three independent, audited, competing contractors.

[...]

As many journalists and bloggers have pointed out, the Gitmo detainee policy has been Cheney's brainchild and pet issue.  It is Cheney who insisted on the Gitmo policy; Cheney who lashed out at Democrats and the press over torture; Cheney who first and most violently claimed that CIA prisons and extraordinary rendition were absolutely necessary.  Bush's defenses of these policies have, by contrast, seemed tepid, petulant and annoyed by comparison.

[...]

And Iran?  Remember that it was CHENEY who was and remains a member of PNAC.  It is Cheney who wants to nuke Iran.  Bush may have been gung-ho to attack Iraq on account of various personal demons, corporate allegiances and bad advice, but I doubt very much that Bush has any personal incentive to attack Iran.  Bush isn't PNAC, and it's rumored that Bush highly resents his PNAC advisors for their bullshit lies about how the post-war occupation would turn out.

And Halliburton?  This is not only the corporation that Cheney used to run and with whom he still has ties, but it's the corporation that continues to line Cheney's pockets.  What else can we surmise from a move to hamstring Cheney's favorite little corporation?  I doubt very much that the move is to save face politically, since Halliburton's horrible misdeeds in Iraq have not exactly been in the news lately.  What about the character of this administration over the last six years would lead us to believe that they would make this move out of the kindness of their own hearts?

It's just some food for thought. Bush would be better off as the baseball commissioner. He'd smoke out those steroid users.

hahahaha totally, you make a good point, i didnt meant to say that your wrong or something, i just wanted to point out that he surrounds himself with a lot of evil people, and to think that he's an innocent bystander just seems naive.

Well, he's not completely innocent, that's true. He's capable of being an asshole perfectly fine by himself ("Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job," for example, or the stuff with the NSA wiretapping, which he'll probably defend right to the end because he could be impeached over it).

The fact that he wouldn't accept Rumsfeld's resignation is quite troubling and just goes to show (once again) how big a wanker he is. Apparently, there's a Director of Lessons Learned, getting paid 100K a year from the White House.

Mr. Speaker, yesterday the President said we continue to be wise about how we spend the people's money.

"Then why are we paying over $100,000 for a 'White House Director of Lessons Learned'?

"Maybe I can save the taxpayers $100,000 by running through a few of the lessons this White House should have learned by now.

"Lesson 1: When the Army Chief of Staff and the Secretary of State say you are going to war without enough troops, you're going to war without enough troops.

"Lesson 2: When 8.8 billion dollars of reconstruction funding disappears from Iraq, and 2 billion dollars disappears from Katrina relief, it's time to demand a little accountability.

"Lesson 3: When you've 'turned the corner' in Iraq more times than Danica Patrick at the Indy 500, it means you are going in circles.

"Lesson 4: When the national weather service tells you a category 5 hurricane is heading for New Orleans, a category 5 hurricane is heading to New Orleans.

"I would also ask the President why we're paying for two 'Ethics Advisors' and a 'Director of Fact Checking.'

"They must be the only people in Washington who get more vacation time than the President.

"Maybe the White House could consolidate these positions into a Director of Irony."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/7/12/131219/124