WalrusMeat

I Can't Even Handle This Right Now.

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that, Ninjastyle. I hope your other kitten and cat are doing well. ;)

I have degus and I've had them for about 9 months now. They had always got along really well but I came home the other night and one had attacked the other while I was at work. Biting and clawing it's entire body. There was blood all over the cage and the degu was just lying on it's back under her wheel. I took her out and cleaned her up and made her a little shoebox room. She was still breathing normally she was just very weak. She died overnight.

oh my god that's horrible. I'm so sorry to hear that.

I honestly can't read stuff like this, it just gets to me, so I'm not looking at this topic anymore, but I express my deepest sympathies with anyone else who posts stories.

I hate to be the first asshole in this thread, but did you consider the ramifications of keeping dogs and cats in the same living quarters and still not expect something like this to happen?

its rare that a dog would kill kittens. i've done it a number of times and know people who have done it and the dog leaves the kittens alone.

I hate to be the first asshole in this thread, but did you consider the ramifications of keeping dogs and cats in the same living quarters and still not expect something like this to happen?

its rare that a dog would kill kittens. i've done it a number of times

You kitten killer!

Well, my dog, (German Shepard) didn't mean to kill them... I don't think. She was just mothering them far too roughly. One died of internal bleeding from her teeth... the other one had a lung punctured.

But the third kitten, he's still alive. And is actually, doing quite well. He's nursing from his mother again, so I no longer have to bottle feed him every hour.

Noelle (my cat) still seems to be looking for the two dead kittens though.