Ryan44

What Is Your Fave Car/dream Car?

I want a car that runs on baby foxes.

While the Veyron is outright more powerful than the Ferrari FXX, I still think the FXX would pawn its shit if a race were to be held. The FXX is essentially a two-seater closed cockpit F1 car.

i did a little bit of research on the FXX. apparently ferrari is sending offers to 20 of its best clients. those clients will buy the 20 or so cars produced and become part of the ferrari test team working with michael shumacher, rubins barichello and the ferrari test team, driving their own brand new FXX.

talk about a fucking experience.

I read an article about it in the newspaper in April. The car comes with a team of Ferrari mechanics, special fire-retardant overalls, crash test helmets, and specialized tools.

One of the guys that got those cars was former Le Mans driver Michael Fux. Talk about a name.

Guest jsunC
I want a car that runs on baby foxes.

While the Veyron is outright more powerful than the Ferrari FXX, I still think the FXX would pawn its shit if a race were to be held. The FXX is essentially a two-seater closed cockpit F1 car.

Oh for sure, if the race was on a track with turns etc. But the Veyron would take the FXX in a drag race.

The top speed on the Veyron without the governor is 469 km/h.

in a drag race of supercars, the horsepower numbers have very little to do with it.

for example... the bugatti's horsepower peak is at 6000 rpm. its redline is 6500. thats a long way to go before you get the full brunt of the power only to have to shift right away and start over. it has a quad-turbo engine. it weighs 1890 kg and is all wheel drive. compare these specs to the ferrari which has much less horsepower, but has a naturally aspirated engine, same peak horsepower level but a way higher redline, which translates into longer split times before shifts (when you shift, you lose time) and an F1 gearbox (which is probably bugatti's biggest weakness in a side by side comparison). also the FXX is rear wheel drive, which means more efficient launch, and although i dont know the exact weight, im positive it weighs much less (im going to even say 100kg less).

Edited by one_trick_pony

Guest jsunC

If you're referring to the drivers the Bugatti will throw down the same time consistently, because it has a 7 speed double clutch transmission. It shifts for you, and i think its .2 seconds per shift. It's simply astounding.

Read this article OTP and Adam.. and anyone else who is interested

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0...1890873,00.html

the only time a 'transmission that shifts for you' is going to be better than an F1 gearbox is when it will be completely seamless. and they're working on it. also i confirmed the weight of the FXX, its 1255kg (635kg lighter than bugatti). basically you're taking a manufacturer that hasnt built a decent supercar in almost 80 years and comparing it to a company that consistantly oudoes itself and beats the entire world into submission with its technology. if 1000 horsepower was so desirable, why dont all the other manufacturers have it?

Guest jsunC
if 1000 horsepower was so desirable, why dont all the other manufacturers have it?

the fxx is pushing out 850 is it not? That's getting close.

Ok sorry it doesn't shift for you, it's an F1 transmission practially, with the paddles

We shall see which car is faster when the FXX is released. They started designing the Veyron in 1999. Wait for the next model they release, it will blow any ferrari out of the water.

It should be added that the Veyron the quickest-accelerating production vehicle in history, and the Veyron's 0-200 mph time is quicker than the McLaren F1's 120-200 mph time.

the Veyron's 0-200 mph time is quicker than the McLaren F1's 120-200 mph time.

do you know how much torque is available to ANY car while cruising at 120? NONE. so comparing a car that is being launched with all of its torque available and no drag is not fair in the slightest. automotive people know this, but they still mention it because it sounds cool. the bugatti is quite a fast car, but comparing it to a ferrari based on biased numbers is no grounds for argument.

the fxx is pushing out 850 is it not? That's getting close.

they can easily make that engine push our over 1000hp. my point is that there isnt one.

Edited by one_trick_pony

Ok sorry it doesn't shift for you, it's an F1 transmission practially, with the paddles

No, it's not "practically" an F1 transmission. F1 transmissions do not use double clutches. Considering that the FXX has more power than Ferrari's current F1 car, and seeing as it is the peak of all Ferrari racing technology up to this point, the FXX does not have a practical F1 transmission, it has an F1 transmission. The Ferrari website says it will shift in under 100 ms. That's twice as fast as your silly double clutch transmission.

Edited by ecnarf

Guest jsunC

Ok well the FXX isn't street legal. There should be no comparison between the two cars. The Veyron is probably the most advanced car in the world right now, aerodynamically and technologically. Not to mention it's the fastest street legal car ever built.

And the Transmission IS similar to that of an F1 car because it's the same concept smartass. The computer controls the clutch discs, as well as the shifting.

Btw, OTP, i think Ferrari can't pull anymore power out of that V12 engine, you're talking like they can pull an extra 150+ horsepower out of nowhere. Not to mention since the FXX isn't street legal they don't have to worry about emissions.

Ps. little bit tipsy sorry if my sentences don't make sense.

Edited by jsunC

Just because you can control which gear goes where by the flick of a switch doesn't make it similar to an F1 gearbox. True F1-style gearboxes use solenoids to throw the collar between gear cogs.

I'd also have to question your claim about it being the most advanced. Aerodynamically? The FXX puts out, according to Ferrari's website, 40% more downforce "than ever before". When a company that makes highly successful F1 cars makes a claim like that, they don't fuck around. And it's spoiler can be adjusted depending whether you want straight-line speed or cornering grip.

Technologically, though, I'll probably have to concede. That thing has something like 6 radiators to cool down all the parts. It has a radiator for the hydraulics that hold the spoiler up. And it's engineered to last for 10 or 15 years when F1 cars from two years ago that made similar horsepower weren't designed to last more than 3 hours.

i want a ferrari f430. or modena, or spider or enzo, os f50, or testarossa.

i want a hummer h1. a 2007 chevy avalanche. a 2007 dodge viper. 2007 dodge ram mega cab. mega cab is mega fun. did u know u can fit a twin bed in the back seats of the mega cab. thats wicked. i need one.

oh the dodge charger is tight, evven for a 4 door. i like the chrysler 300M. i also want a corvette z06. so hot. i would do that car.

I will second the calls for hte F430. Everything I've read about the car suggests it's nothing short of incredible.

I'm also torn - coupe or convertible? I think it looks best as a convertible in silver, but I know that a) red is the only colour for a ferrari, and b) coupes provide better performance.

Such a hard decision to not make.

I will second the calls for hte F430. Everything I've read about the car suggests it's nothing short of incredible.

I'm also torn - coupe or convertible? I think it looks best as a convertible in silver, but I know that a) red is the only colour for a ferrari, and b) coupes provide better performance.

Such a hard decision to not make.

ya i relaly only like the red one. i dont know why. i have seen others, and am not to crazy aobut em. but its like the best of the enzo, and modena. what a freaking hot car. i would totally have sex with it.

I want a 70's style Mini Cooper with the steering column on the left.

Actually, an '07 Audi RS4. A wonderful 420 v8 with all wheel drive, and redlines at 8200 rpm. Mmmm, tasty.

edit: Some peeps have a hard on for Ferraris, huh?

Edited by matrix