icantremember1989

If I Was A Tidal Wave

Can anyone get it into a file and megaupload it? I want to play this somewhere outside his mysapce page, but it won't let us download it.

Perhaps time for some song pirating using an audio cable.

This is going to get a few listens before I close it. It's awesome. The new album is going to be something special. Acoustic Matt is my9 favourite Matt.

...and because i'm an asshole, it's "Tidal".

dayyyyyyummm that sucks i just reformated my computer and dont have the program to take songs off the net anymore.That song is so good.

...and because my audio cable connectors are so thick and the in/out jacks are so close together, I can't record the songs to my PC and then upload.

Fact: The world hates us.

Meh, it's alright. I'm not really a fan of the overtly political lyrics.

VERY rough:

The Saudis are ever our friends and our allies

the president smokes cigars with their princes on his *something*

Accross the street a mother sleeps with a baby's ghost wrapped in pink and spotlights

Well if I was a tidal wave, well you know that I'd

Rise up and crash your castle gate and leave you high and dry

Dissapear down this trail of busted years to ride the rails

Goodbye

Well my name is propaganda

My momma's pain is propaganda

and if I was a tidal wave

I'd let the indian (????) fall

Yeah if I was a tidal wave

I'd be first against the wall

Back in 1980 Mayor Young, he sent the key

to the city of Detroit to praise the best of enemies

who shook hands with the devil; now he runs the DOD

and spends lives

Well if I was a tidal wave, well you know that I'd

Rise up and crash your castle gate and leave you high and dry

Dissapear down this trail of busted years to ride the rails

Goodbye

My name is propaganda

My daddy's pain is propaganda

and if was a tidal wave

form coast to coast I'd scream

yeah if I was a tidal wave

I'd wash this whole place clean

I'd wash this whole place clean.

Edited by Prometheon

Wow. Matt, if you're reading this, you gotta play that song at the folk fest in Calgary coming up, I think I might die on the spot.

And it does seem like this is the direction of the new album, I've heard Can't Get Shot In The Back If You Don't Run will be on there too... always thought an acoustic based album from him would just be stellar, and juding by the guitar in this song he's gotten even better on that old acoustic. Exciting stuff! Any word when that new album will be?

Edited by orgasmi

Guest jsunC

Has a good sound to it. I don't mind Matt's music being political, actually i like it, but i hope his songs are more metaphorical, if you know what i mean.

anyone tabed this yet?

hey Ryan44, the political stuff makes you angry? how so? what about? why would you feel that way?

you explore those thoughts and matt's song has done more than it's service, especially given the spin-turned world in which we exist. everyone has a need to examine our situation personally, and if you examine it and you come out angry at the leftist message, well at least you thought about it. cheers matt.

Edited by orgasmi

dayyyyyyummm that sucks i just reformated my computer and dont have the program to take songs off the net anymore.That song is so good.

...and because my audio cable connectors are so thick and the in/out jacks are so close together, I can't record the songs to my PC and then upload.

Fact: The world hates us.

I hate you too, but I'll tell you a secret:

Go to your PC volume control. Go to the Properties under options. Select Recording. Change the input to Stereo Mix. Record that shit in your favorite audio editing program. Presto change-o, instant mp3.

Also works on Wintersleep concerts.

Matt's fucking good with an acoustic guitar. Hmm, now should I download it for laziness or record it myself...

Edit: Since I can get better audio quality, I'm recording it. I will upload it in a YouSendIt. If the admins would like to update their file in the store, they may.

High-Quality Version

Edited by kirbenvost