Prometheon

Matthew Good - Hospital Music

Beyond excited for this one. Not too concerned about the lack of Can't Get Shot. I mean, it was good, and IS good... But the recorded version isn't too shabby in quality, either. Maybe he's just going to let that one lie, & I'm fine with that.

Glad to see "She's In It For the Money" on there, and "The Boy Come Home"

Wonder if "When Hollywood Runs Out of Indians" will show up in another form somewhere down the line.

Oh god, I am fucking EXCITED ABOUT THIS!

I'm willing to go to the Universal head office in Toronto and bang down the doors. Yeah, that's right.

And YES, I'll post posters all over Calgary! !!!!

Anton, where did you get the info about the track listings?

I would be interested to know where all this info originally came from. (not that im disoppointed with it, I search site frequently for info like this and this is the first time I see of it ;).) and yes Im excited.

Anton, where did you get the info about the track listings?

I would be interested to know where all this info originally came from. (not that im disoppointed with it, I search site frequently for info like this and this is the first time I see of it ;).) and yes Im excited.

read the rest of this thread

I did read the rest of this thread...

and I believe the original track posting was from thewickernightmare

Tracklisting from mg.org comments section:

1) I produced it.

2) I played all the instruments except the drums and a few guitar and bass bits.

3) Here

ok cool, thats what I was looking for.

thank you; its much appreciated.

awe ok.

mg.org comments section
.... I forgot about those I couldnt put two and two together until you said it again. Sorry about this, I found it now. Edited by jeef47

Not too concerned about the lack of Can't Get Shot.  I mean, it was good, and IS good...  But the recorded version isn't too shabby in quality, either.

I disagree. I think the quality of the "Can't Get Shot..." recorded (i have the one from the NF store, dunno if there's another??) is pretty crappy, even for a demo/b-side. It would have been cool to get a high quality version.

I'm also upset that "If I Was a Tidal Wave" got cut. Its my favorite demo/b-side Matt has done since WLRRR came out, along with Black Helicopter. I think its an important song, its a wonderful protest song for our time. But the demo he already recorded is of excellent quality so thats great, but Black Helicopter was also recorded very well but its still on the album. Maybe Matt chickened out about releasing it because it is so political, as he mentioned once before he played it live.

For me i'd like all new tracks, unless a certain demo song was recorded poorly (like a live track). But "If I Was A Tidal Wave" is one of those songs that i don't want on the album for me (since i've already got a great version), but for other people to hear when they buy the CD. btw i don't really like "The Boy Come Home".

I'm down for this "Street Team" thang. I think an internet campaign would be great too. I'll be putting tracks, album info etc. on my MySpace page to get the word out! Too bad Matt took down his official MySpace page. Calling radio stations & MuchMusic/'MTV Canada' (if there's a video) will be key too!

Edited by Moonlight_Graham

I'm also upset that "If I Was a Tidal Wave" got cut ... Maybe Matt chickened out about releasing it because it is so political, as he mentioned once before he played it live.

Matt "chickening out" of releasing a song because it's too political seems VERY unlikely. Listen too "Pledge of Allegiance", "In A World Called Catastrophe", "21st Century Living", and almost the entire White Light Rock & Roll Review album.

He has his reasons for not including the song and I'm sure they're good ones.

Edited by haircut-rabbit

I'm also upset that "If I Was a Tidal Wave" got cut ... Maybe Matt chickened out about releasing it because it is so political, as he mentioned once before he played it live.

Matt "chickening out" of releasing a song because it's too political seems VERY unlikely. Listen too "Pledge of Allegiance", "In A World Called Catastrophe", "21st Century Living", and almost the entire White Light Rock & Roll Review album.

He has his reasons for not including the song and I'm sure they're good ones.

By the sounds of the title of the record, a lot of the lyrics were probably written while he was in the hospital last year, so I'd definitely say it's a more personal album than a political album like WLRRR was, which I think makes cutting Tidal Wave, Can't Get Shot and Breath of a Nation an understandable thing.

TRACK LIST CONFIRMED

- Champions Of Nothing

- A Single Explosion

- Metal Airplanes

- 99% Of Us Is Failure

- Born Losers

- Odette

- Black Helicopter

- The Boy Come Home

- The Devil's In Your Details

- Moon Over Marin

- Girl Wedged Under The Front Of A Firebird