Prometheon

Matthew Good - Hospital Music

Guest Prosis
Future shop website says its available now at my local store?

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...ogon=&langid=EN

Anyone else found this? Is it actually out now... if so ill make a trip after work.

I wouldn't bother going today. The website says that probably because their in-stock database is the same as the website's database. They already have the CD's in stock since last week because usually store get CDs about a week or two before its release date. So the website says they have it in store which is true. But they can't legally put them out before tomorrow. The sales system usually keeps an eye on what is sold and when because record companies like to keep that sort of thing thighly controlled.

So I wouldn't go before tomorrow.

i just couldn't wait til after work so i downloaded it off of itunes as soon as i got in. great exposure on itunes usa homepage. his name is mentioned like 3 times. great price of 7.99 too.

of course i'll be picking up a cd copy after work too ;)

the malls here open at ten.. i was home and had it started by ten eighteen.. $12 is a pretty reasonable price too.

i'm not entirely sure what i think yet, but there are some really good songs.

to be honest though, i'm more excited for his next, just because major labels probably wont be in the picture.

I'm halfway through Champions Of Nothing and I'm already fucking blown away!

this is great!

(edit: If I could figure out how the fuck my scanner works, I'd scan the inserts but I'm lost on that)

Edited by Hyphnip

seriously? what store did you get it from (when if preordered) and have you tried playing it on another cd player?

For me, winamp crashes about 2 seconds into the opening track, but wmp plays it fine.

Either way, I love it. I can't believe I actually held out on listening to the stream.

For me, winamp crashes about 2 seconds into the opening track, but wmp plays it fine.

Either way, I love it. I can't believe I actually held out on listening to the stream.

I know eh? it was SO worth the wait though

I forgot how much the second half of the cd is better than the first.

Lemme edit some of my shit here:

I think Matt Good has officially crossed into Alt. Country territory (this is good!)

My favourite songs on the album in order (though the songs are arranged very well together as is):

1) Champions Of Nothing

2) 99% Of Us Is Failure

3) I'm A Window (might even be too good for a single...but besides, the swearing can be edited easily)

4) Girl Wedged Under The Front Of The Firebird

5) She's In it For The Money

6) Moon Over Marin (this reminds me of disc 2 of Foo Fighters 'In Your Honour' album except actually being good)

7) Black Helicopter

8) Born Losers

9) A Single Explosion

10) The Devil's In Your Details (there's your second single...along the lines of In Love With A Bad Idea though a much better song)

11) Odette (for some reason, I think of Daughtry's second single "Home" when I hear this, which can't be good--either way, 11th place is fair)

12) True Love Will Find You In The End

13) I Am Not Safer Than A Bank

14) The Boy Came Home

15) Metal Airplanes

Edited by Shortcut To Moncton