Prometheon

Matthew Good - Hospital Music

hey, maybe he can screw up all the songs like he did with big city life. huzzah.

vut are you talking aboot? i love big city life.

No, he's saying that the live versions he played while on the road before In A Coma came out were superior to the album version.

one more reason to feel shitty about not seeing him in concert ;)

hey, maybe he can screw up all the songs like he did with big city life. huzzah.

vut are you talking aboot? i love big city life.

No, he's saying that the live versions he played while on the road before In A Coma came out were superior to the album version.

one more reason to feel shitty about not seeing him in concert ;)

That's one of the reasons I'm considering NOT moving to nova scotia. Doesn't see many big bands/concerts that I enjoy going to, living near Toronto... Although I heard the Stones came to halifax the other week.

i didn't say he hasn't been here, i said i hadn't seen him. he's been here at least twice since the demise of the band, and at least once before that. probably more. i only know about the last time he was here with the band cuz it was at a festival i attended and left before they took the stage. years later, after becoming a huge fan, i realize that was a mistake on my part ;)

i missed him once by himself cuz i was stuck at work. the last time he was here no one i know wanted to go see him. i said 'fuck it', bought a ticket and was gonna go by myself, but it was on halloween and the thought of going to the bad part of town by myself on a night when everyone can get away with wearing masks was too much for me to take and i chickened out. lame.

never again, i say!

you're right about other major acts, though. not much hope of me seeing nine inch nails here.

i didn't say he hasn't been here, i said i hadn't seen him. he's been here at least twice since the demise of the band, and at least once before that. probably more. i only know about the last time he was here with the band cuz it was at a festival i attended and left before they took the stage. years later, after becoming a huge fan, i realize that was a mistake on my part ;)

i missed him once by himself cuz i was stuck at work. the last time he was here no one i know wanted to go see him. i said 'fuck it', bought a ticket and was gonna go by myself, but it was on halloween and the thought of going to the bad part of town by myself on a night when everyone can get away with wearing masks was too much for me to take and i chickened out. lame.

never again, i say!

you're right about other major acts, though. not much hope of me seeing nine inch nails here.

I agree, nova scotia is pathetic for concerts

I am quite excited about the new record now too. I am guessing a release by June of 2007. She's In It For The Money will definitely be on it, especially after his description of what the content of the record will be.

Very excited: She's In It For The Money is his best song since AoB and if the rest of the album is similar, it should be great.

-Marc

For whatever reason, I am not a huge fan of Black Helicopters. Not sure what it is, but the song just doesn't do it for me. Personally, I think older songs like that and Breath Of A Nation might not make it. From what Matt's said recently, it doesn't sound like this will be a political record. While the odd song might creep in, I'd say that this will be one of those records more about himself.

I am thinking that content-wise, it will sort of be like Avalanche: Personal with the political content in the background. I think a song like Can't Get Shot will still work, but not sure about the rest. For crusader: Was Metal Airplanes a political song? I am guessing it is, but just wanna know for sure.

-Marc

It will be a record of confusion, of openness, and one that will, quite obviously, deal very openly with what has happened to me this year.

Sounds a lot like Broken.

As such, I very much look forward to it.

*Vanishes again*

I, for one, am looking forward to a more personal and less political record. It's more interesting for me.

A fusion of the two would be nice, I always feel I can relate somewhat more to a more personal record than I can to a political one, but it is always interesting to hear his take on the current political climate

I think the next record has the opportunity to be more personal and more political than other releases.

There has been several songs dealing seemingly with failed relationships (Metal Wings, In It for the Money) and others that have been overtly political (If I Was a Tidal Wave, Black Helicopters, Breath of a Nation, etc.) that have been played live or demoed in the last year.

More interestingly, this record is going to include Matt

I can't wait to hear Metal Airplanes on a new album (crosses fingers). I'm an addict for the YouTube videos of that song...

as I said earlier, though - SOMEONE out there has gotta have the inside scoop, no? His barber? How about his nurse from his recent hospital stay? Nothing? Damn!

Amen to that. Both the original and Beck's version are fantastic. One of my favorite songs ever soon to be done by one of my favorite artists ever.

Did I download the wrong song or something because that's the worst singing/guitar I've ever heard in my life.

So that is the song? The sound quality doesn't bother me... I listen to MG bootlegs and whatever like crazy. I'm not usually one to make fun of music but it's just... off key, out of tune guitar... wow.

I could make a whole album of that if you like. ;)

I listen to MG bootlegs and whatever like crazy. I'm not usually one to make fun of music but it's just... off key, out of tune guitar... wow.

Matt hasn't recorded this song yet, so if you're thinking that Matt Good has forgotten to sing, that is not the case...

As for the original, Daniel Johnston's genius is unpleasing to many people...but if you listen hard enough and consider the troubled soul behind the music, his music is incredible.

Kurt Cobain loved it.

So that is the song? The sound quality doesn't bother me... I listen to MG bootlegs and whatever like crazy. I'm not usually one to make fun of music but it's just... off key, out of tune guitar... wow.

I could make a whole album of that if you like. ;)

Matt is off key a fair bit in "The Fine Art of Falling Apart", but to me, that's part of that songs intrisic beauty.