ADAMALLO

So You Think You're A Huge Mg Fan Eah?

OK, tell me what you've done for matty good....

I'll go first....

for the inacoma release, me and my friends documented the whole day including the bus stop in the morning, going to Subway before, going to FutureShop to buy the CD, took pics with the cashiers..then later brought the party to my house where I played several MGB tunes, and had a Matt Good cake! We also watched the whole DVD (dialogue w/good and director) and found the secret rabbits vid! I know, I am a HUGE NERD, but I don't care cause I love matty so much...

anywho, let's see what you GOT! ;)

I can't top that, but I did drive down to Victoria from Kamloops this April to see his acoustic show, only for it to be cancelled. We spent a lot of money and no Matt Good concert. Crazy thing is, I kept my tickets and I'll be coming back this August to hopefully see him in Victoria. My boyfriend probably thinks I'm a bit crazy to spend all this money just to see Matt perform, but he keeps his mouth shut for the most part and just accepts it.

I spent almost $100 on a day pass to a festival where Matt was headlining (really only because I wanted to see Matt) and spent an entire day in the sun with no food or drink at all. after 24 hours or not eating or drinking (a good portion of that time was spent sitting in the sun) I started to colapse as Matt was on his second last song. I propped myself up on the stage and sang along for the last two songs (I was also having trouble breathing so this was also hard) once Matt left the stage I colapsed and was taken to the medical building where they thought I may have over dosed on (and I quote) "Crack" (which is funny because I don't do any drugs) so I had to call home (which was about an hour away) and get picked up (because my ride out there was too drunk to drive and I was in no shape to attempt driving either) so at 2:30 am I finally got picked up... what a night that was.

I skipped every day of classes that there has been a Matt Good CD release, which is only meaningful because I have never skipped another day ever. But I would do it to sit outside the mall, and as soon as it opened I would run in and make this insane mad dash for the CD store. Avalanche actually shipped a day late, so I had to do it twice that year. (Side note: I also bought "Big Shiny Tunes 7" just for Weapon. It was worth it, but yargh.)

Also, for the last Matthew Good show the tickets went on sale at 10 when ticketmaster opened. I happened to be out for breakfast with my current boyfriend. Now i warned him that at ten I was not going to be a pretty sight, but he had no idea what he was really in for, because at ten since i was away from my computer I had to call to get tickets and they were released the same day as INXS. So I spent close to an hour in near hysterics calling over and over again trying to get through to get my Matt Good tickets, while her also called on his cell phone and inbetween dialing apologized profusely for taking me out. I'm actually amazed he didn't leave on the spot, because I think I probably yelled at him a lot too, but the memory is kind of a blur.

Ha ha! I also bought big shiney tunes 7 just for weapon, man that was ages ago. This year I got so excited when he was coming to edmonton for his accoustic tour that I bought 7 tickets on my credit card and spent the next few weeks trying to convice my friends who don't listen to matt to buy a ticket off me. I had to eat the cost of one ticket but it was worth it.

Back in the Dark Ages when the MG( B ) played Coquitlam, I incorrectly took the super-long way to get there by bus through downtown. I knew I was going to be late and arrived at Hastings and Main in time to see the Coq. bus coming up the street. They only run every half-hour or so. I risked my life to cross the intersection twice and get to the bus stop just in time to see the Coq. bus whiz by.

I didn't know there were two bus stops; the one I was at on the east side of Main for city buses and the one on the west side for suburban buses. I could have totally caught it too, if I wasn't so frantically running.

Quickly I hailed a cab, had to pay $35 to get out to the Coq. Rec. Centre (more than the cost of a ticket in those days, I'm sure!). In the end it was a good thing because they started playing literally one minute after I got through the door.

Wow...i think so far I seem to have the most psychotic story. I feel kind of bad, really, because all of mine are like that. Before I was 18 there was a concert of his in a bar and my then-boyfriend had just turned 18. He liked Matt Good mostly because of how psychotic I was over him, so he wanted to go to the concert, but he didn't because I spent that whole week looking like I was going to die because I couldn't go. I nearly went looking for fake ID. Not to drink, I don't drink NOW and I'm legal, but I was really hysterical about that concert. His friends all said I was not being very nice.

And they were porbably right....

i once listened to the audio of being for 4 straight days on repeat with very little sleep,and some green cigarettes.called it a marathon,after the 4th day i switched to underdogs and so-on,i also once planned on stealing my best friends copy of at last there is nothing to say book when i moved,but chicken'ed out at the last min....

post-2-1153602843.jpg

Edited by Jared D

I wrote quotes from matt on a bunch of white shirts, too. A couple were:

"yes, i am part of the problem"

"the world is not enough. let's take the solar system too!"

and one of the shirts had every single caption from the weapon video on it (except the long letters)

I've owned numerous copies of BM, because I kept ruining them.

Every full moon in the year 2002 I would dress up in a black robe and Montreal Canadiens goalie mask and sacrifice my community's pets while conducting (yes, as in directing) orgies consisting of my family members on top of that particular album. Soon, enough blood and semen would accumulate on the CD and I would have to replace it for the next celebration.

Top that, wierdos.

Edited by Eric

I've owned numerous copies of BM, because I kept ruining them.

Every full moon in the year 2002 I would dress up in a black robe and Montreal Canadiens goalie mask and sacrifice my community's pets while conducting (yes, as in directing) orgies consisting of my family members on top of that particular album. Soon, enough blood and semen would accumulate on the CD and I would have to replace it for the next celebration.

Top that, wierdos.

So that's where Fluffy went...

I snagged my mom's copy of loser anthems after she told me I couldn't have it. It was just sitting in her CD case unplayed for about a year and I figured she wouldn't even notice if it was gone.... that was months ago and she has yet to notice.

I was a student supervisor paid to work afterschool hours in our High School printing lab. I used to make t-shirts with MG sayings on them and I made hundreds of buttons with MGB logo's for almost everyone who frequented the lab. That was back when few people knew who I was asking them to advertise for. I used to ship them out to American fans who wanted to promote MGB prior to Atlantic Records' shoddy attempt. When I was in Grade 11, I used to run my VCR 24/7 on MUCH just to make sure I didn't miss anything vital. Much of my artwork in highschool was inspired by anything MG...portraits, collages with lyrical code...

I also skipped classes for every album release back in high school. My friend and I would sit out in the mall and wait for it to open. Now in Uni, I've toned it down a bit. I have a football patch on my backpack, but I've left the binder covered in Matt's mug at home. I dragged my mother along as a designated driver so me and a few friends could trek out to Banff in 2004 for Matt's birthday bash (what a fucking disaster) where I'm certain between the 6 of us we have something in the neighbourhood of 1000 pictures (the parking lot, the mountains, someone else's tour bus....etc).

Yeah. I'm a nerd. I can't wait to see what my friend and I come up with to do this Sunday. I think it'll be her 30th show. I'm up to 17. It'll be fun:)

Edited by Nearfantastica