dancing_invisible

Horoscopes

So after my horrendous week, a friend of mine sent me a link to a horroscope online, telling me this lady is really good. I've never really believe in this type of horoscope, but this was scarily correct. Usually the're just really random and cliche, and a lot of the times hit and miss, and just because there was hits, people think that it's genuine. This one was an exception however, and EVERYTHING on mine was pinpoint, from intamate nights, to stressful days, to the day I got hired.

The same horoscope site.

So what's everyone's take on horoscopes?

I know lots of people hate them, and I know some people who live by them, so let's hear what you've got. And if you don't like 'em, take time out and check that site, see if it's creepily correct for you too.

I've never taken them too seriously, but then again I've almost never bothered to look at them. Always seemed kinda silly to me.

edit: The site's stuff doesn't seem to be very closely related to anything that's going on with me. Sure it is very specific, but also far from accurate.

Edited by HoboFactory

Most of them are really general, especially the newspaper week ones or whatever those are.

I think it's weird though, how your sign can describe you down to the bone, your thought process, love life, business, everything. Horoscopes are different though, and I think most are just made up.

I know, relationship stuff can be behond creepy. I checked on multiple sites, and the 9th was predicted to be one of those really "romantic" days, and it was also a day I saw my girlfriend and that night was awesometacular for me. And the next time I'm seeing her is predicted to be a "firecracker", on the 30th, sunday. So I'm stoked.

There's this guy in our school who continuously tries to make up with his girlfriend, but he two are rediculous and practically beat eachother and their relationship was based on lies, and when we checked his horoscope it described him perfectly, and even said he would always try and "pick up the pieces" of his relationships. It was so accurate and odlly hilarious. He was pissed off when we showed him, mostly because his girlfriend is the horocope freak that sent me the horoscope that made me start this thread.

They never say anything useful though, like what I should do with the idiot customers I have to deal with everyday. They'd be a lot more helpful if they told me how many morons would stop by per day, so I didn't want to throw myself out the store windows everytime I got a dumb question. I mean....I like my job...

I just read one of those things. It went on forever. Thanks.

haha, how was it?

just looking up your sign, and doing lots of reading on that is way better, and a helluva lot more enjoyable. it's way more accurate and interesting, and you can quite literally discover more about yourself, aswell as others.

I just read one of those things. It went on forever. Thanks.

haha, how was it?

just looking up your sign, and doing lots of reading on that is way better, and a helluva lot more enjoyable. it's way more accurate and interesting, and you can quite literally discover more about yourself, aswell as others.

I assume it was good. I can't remember what happens to me on specific days of the montht hough.

the columns have some good advice occasionally, but its advice that's relevant to anyone and everyone, not just people who are born under a specific star pattern. saying i need to "play it safe on the 17th" is a way of sounding specific, but when is it ever bad to play it safe? when people are aware of their horoscopes, they then look for things they would otherwise be unaware of, and interpret their horoscope according to what's going on in their life. saying horoscopes are true is like saying numerology is a science.

Pisces Horoscope for July 2006

Since early last month, your workload has exploded with new assignments and lots of extra responsibility. You have more to do now than you have in recent memory, so it will be important to stay organized. With Saturn in your daily assignment sector, you will need to give each project enormous amounts of detailed attention, so this July doesn't portend to be a carefree month by any means. In July, this trend will only continue and intensify. With long hours and many deadlines due, you'll need to remain sane, so keep up gym visits to channel stress, and treat yourself to massages and other little pampering luxuries too, if possible.

so i never ever believed this crap before, but now im interested.

i did get a raise and a promotion early last month. ther is hardly any extra responsiblity though. and so far july has been nuts. i am workin lots, lots of lacrosse, and i started working out again, so i always have something to do. too bad i cant actually keep anything organized, if u dont beleive me check out my room. but dont actually.

i jusyt found this.

A truly wonderful social event is due at month's end, too. Put a gold star on July 30, plus or minus one day, when Venus in Cancer will send a kiss to Uranus in Pisces. It's a day due to be filled with surprises and fun. If you are single, this would be the day to allow friends to set you up on a blind date. No matter what your status, this will be your day to enjoy yourself to the fullest. Were you born on or near March 5? You must promise me to be out and about on this night.

i was born on march 5th! alright getting laid when my parents are out of town on the 30th. this is money.

Edited by Ryan44

I looked at the Sagittarius and because the bitch who writes them fractured her shoulder it was only a paragraph long.

I like how she timed the whole "In June you focused a lot on the exchange of future plans" with graduation season. So parents and friends and students can read that and say "OH MY GOD! I DID!!!"

Astrology is completely and utterly retarded. I actually wrote a paper for my 200 level philosophy class on exactly why astrology is bullshit, although it would probably bore you guys with stupid lingo.

Here's all you need to know about astrology: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=astrology

Edit: If you guys want me to post my paper, I can, but meh.

Edited by Prometheon

Pisces Horoscope for July 2006

Since early last month, your workload has exploded with new assignments and lots of extra responsibility. You have more to do now than you have in recent memory, so it will be important to stay organized. With Saturn in your daily assignment sector, you will need to give each project enormous amounts of detailed attention, so this July doesn't portend to be a carefree month by any means. In July, this trend will only continue and intensify. With long hours and many deadlines due, you'll need to remain sane, so keep up gym visits to channel stress, and treat yourself to massages and other little pampering luxuries too, if possible.

so i never ever believed this crap before, but now im interested.

i did get a raise and a promotion early last month. ther is hardly any extra responsiblity though. and so far july has been nuts. i am workin lots, lots of lacrosse, and i started working out again, so i always have something to do. too bad i cant actually keep anything organized, if u dont beleive me check out my room. but dont actually.

i jusyt found this.

A truly wonderful social event is due at month's end, too. Put a gold star on July 30, plus or minus one day, when Venus in Cancer will send a kiss to Uranus in Pisces. It's a day due to be filled with surprises and fun. If you are single, this would be the day to allow friends to set you up on a blind date. No matter what your status, this will be your day to enjoy yourself to the fullest. Were you born on or near March 5? You must promise me to be out and about on this night.

i was born on march 5th! alright getting laid when my parents are out of town on the 30th. this is money.

thats crazy it's the same for me too... I changed work places and my promotion finally came into respect and I've had so muhc to do.... weeeeeeeeeeird

Guest jsunC
I looked at the Sagittarius and because the bitch who writes them fractured her shoulder it was only a paragraph long.

I like how she timed the whole "In June you focused a lot on the exchange of future plans" with graduation season. So parents and friends and students can read that and say "OH MY GOD! I DID!!!"

i'm sagitarius, and mine was 8 pages long. i only read the first paragraph though.

atrologists, christians, psychics, they're all the same. they all spout shit so ambiguous that you can find ways to agree with it or disregard it when it's convenient.

the horoscope could say ONE thing that could just barely be rationalized to be true while there's another 8 things that you just ignore.

"you will experience trouble in the workplace"

"oh yeah yyeah, I DO go to a workplace..."

Over the past year, you have been building an excellent reputation on the job. Your willingness to learn and a capability for hard work have impressed many higher ups. You've also shown remarkably good judgment. None of this has been lost on your employer. This month will be reward time, dear Scorpio, and no one deserves it more than you

1. I have no job. And I've only worked for like a little over a month in the past year.

2. I don't work hard, I am a lazy bastard.

3. Sweet Im gonna get laid when Ryan's parents are out of town.