wmarskell

Build A New Band

I think Matt's too strong of a focal point to need to rely on a band. He's too good of a musician to need them. I'm perfectly happy with just him solo. No one to get in his way and try to medle with his creativity.

I think he would need someone who is an actual lead guitarist... even though his work is decent, if a lead guitarist worked with him on White Light, it would have been so much better. I think, (I wasn't there but this is the impression I got), that Dave Genn added that angle, back when MGB were still kicking. Someone to stomp on Matt's ideas from time to time, add their own input would probably be a good thing. MGB was the best stuff by a long shot.

Yeah, I'd say get Dave back or let someone else take the helm, guitar wise. Also, Pat was fucking amazing on drums. Just listening to some live recordings, I liked Ian's simplicity but Pat knows how to hit those skins. Fuck.

Although all of the members style's and types of music are different, I'm just basing this off talent.

Lead Guitar - Tom Morello (RATM)/ Dave Mustaine (Megadeth)

Bass- Jesse F. Keller (DFA1979)

Drums- Loel Campbell (Wintersleep)

BAM

Guest apsham

I thought about this for a while, and then just realized that I'd rather have it (if there's going to be a band at all) two or three no named guys, or guys that had runs in small independant bands. I feel Matt is too much a focal point as well, and I don't think a supergroup would let him shine really.

I've actually thought of my own "supergroup" before, and of course Matthew Good was lead vocals/rhythm guitar

On lead guitar, William Mimnaugh (aka WIL)

On bass, Jesse F. Keller (DFA1979) (or maybe Flea...)

On drums, Dave Ghrol

On keyboard/piano and probably backup vocals, Nick Cave

Edited by gala_pope

I think he would need someone who is an actual lead guitarist... even though his work is decent, if a lead guitarist worked with him on White Light, it would have been so much better. I think, (I wasn't there but this is the impression I got), that Dave Genn added that angle, back when MGB were still kicking. Someone to stomp on Matt's ideas from time to time, add their own input would probably be a good thing. MGB was the best stuff by a long shot.

Yeah, I'd say get Dave back or let someone else take the helm, guitar wise. Also, Pat was fucking amazing on drums. Just listening to some live recordings, I liked Ian's simplicity but Pat knows how to hit those skins. Fuck.

When Matt was touring for In A Coma, it finally hit me that Pat is a powerful drummer. He doesn't just play the drums, he commands them and bends them to his will.