Spritzup

If Canada Was Invaded

If Canada Was Invaded, Would You Take Up Arms To Defend Her?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. If Canada Was Invaded, Would You Take Up Arms To Defend Her?

• Yes
    • No
    • I Don't Know

Oh yeah, I'm well aware of how the Vietcong and the Cuban rebels, for example, operated and came into existence and emerged successfully. Schools aren't teaching proper history my ass :angry: !

Well, the problem isn't so much getting your hands initially on the weapons, it would be in keeping yourself well supplied with weapons and ammo. Buying out a CT for yourself would work, but I'd bet it would be a drain on financial resources. Also, if the Americans are smart, they'd have some sort of control on the sale of weapons through those kinds of stores. I'm curious as to how many bullets and grenades etc. Iraqi insurgents go through in their battles with US troops and each other.

What I think would be the best bet to forming a well-armed milita would be to join the army for the initial war, then if the US wins they'd probably dismantle the army like they did in Iraq. Thus far I doubt that the powers that be will learn anything from history. Once they do that, it would probably be easier to just steal what you need on your way out.

Honestly, would you rather have a hunting rifle from Canadian Tire, or an M-16 and a few bullet-proof vests ;) ?

Honestly, would you rather have a hunting rifle from Canadian Tire, or an M-16 and a few bullet-proof vests ;) ?

hahaha well put, and yes the problem would be the needed constant flow of decent arms. But yah haha M16 would beat some crappy Canadian Tire rifle lol, but i still don't think id want to take orders from some sawed off prick of a drill sergeant! Lol

Honestly, would you rather have a hunting rifle from Canadian Tire, or an M-16 and a few bullet-proof vests  ;) ?

hahaha well put, and yes the problem would be the needed constant flow of decent arms. But yah haha M16 would beat some crappy Canadian Tire rifle lol, but i still don't think id want to take orders from some sawed off prick of a drill sergeant! Lol

Haha, nah, neither would I, but sometimes sacrifices are to be made.

American.

I mean that in the most accusing way.

There've been a few cases where Harper has told the Americans to fuck off, like in the Canadian sovreignty issue up north.

Yeah, softwood lumber is a crock. The US can pull out after two years? WTF?

BTW, what's his position on Iraq now? I heard a bit back that he backed off from it after it came out (in the mainstream media) that there weren't any WMDs and most of the rationales were a crock of shit.

Edit: here it is. http://www.cbc.ca/canadavotes/realitycheck/iraq.html

A statement like that does seem like he's trying to obscure the fact that he supported it, wanted Canada to become a coalition member, and even wrote a letter to the Wall Street Journal condemning Canada's decision to stay out.

Edited by no yu begin wher i end

Fact: You can easily get your hands on some bulletproof vests/flak jackets and camo from army surplus stores. I was in one today. The only true bulletproof vests I saw were those baby blue UN ones. Hilarious.

But as for weapons, forget it. The C-7 rifles the CF uses are bloody expensive and perhaps very illegal for civvies to own. C-7s > M-16s > occupying force.

Canada gave me the following:

Matthew Good

Rush

Tim Hortons

Cuban Cigars(Though I no longer smoke them)

My bestfriend's wife(No not like that!!! She's just a cool shit)

Some great adventures

Backbacon

The Mackenzie Brothers(Take off, it's a beauty way to go)

Molson(The real thing, not the watered down shit we have down here, when I miss drinking, I miss mother molson)

Alpha Flight(Puck, Snowbird,Vindicator,Aurora,Northstar,Guardian,Sasquatch, and Wolverine)

AND ALL OF THE COOL CANADIANS ON THE BORED!!!!

So hell yes, I'd come up and kick some ass for the Great White North!!!

Edited by bishopx