Ryan44

N L L Here I Come

i want everyone to see this thread, because im exstatic.

excuse me while i brag.

so i just got off the phone with a guy from the Calgary Roughnecks Lacrosse Team. i tlaked to him a few days ago, but this time it soudns like it is a huge possibilty.

for those of you who dont know, they are a pro lacrosse team in town.

i was in the provincial tournament this weekend. there were lots of scouts there from teams around canada. the owner of the roughnecks Brad Bannister has a son that plays on one of the teams that were at provincials, so he asked some scouts to come out, and check out the talent. they thought that i was one of the best junior lacrosse goalies they have seen in a while. so i got invited to a training camp in september. an actual date is not set yet, but im freaking bouncing off the walls here.

i am going to be trying out for either backup or 3rd string goalie, since i have never played in the pros before. its gonna be tight.

i would get paid to sit on the bench yes, but i wanna play so bad. but like i said, its such a huge step up. it would be hard, so i would probably only see the floor in a blowout or a practice.

hey adam ill sign something for ya when im rich.

adam says "I wish I was good at something other than whining, and making fun of people on the internet"

Edited by Ryan44

i would get paid to sit on the bench yes, but i wanna play so bad. but like i said, its such a huge step up. it would be hard, so i would probably only see the floor in a blowout or a practice.

hey adam ill sign something for ya when im rich.

adam says "I wish I was good at something other than whining, and making fun of people on the internet"

Ryan says: I wish I had the intellectual horsepower to have a career requiring something more than sheer physical strength.

i'm just thinking that you play a season (sitting on the bench as you say) and you get paid crap because you are new and won't be playing much. next year, you get in some unforunate accident and you can't play anymore. you have little money and no nll future.

Edited by Lauren

Ryan says: I wish I had the intellectual horsepower to have a career requiring something more than sheer physical strength.

I'm not sure if you are serious, but if you are...

It doesn't require much strength at all to be a goalie, it takes reaction time and experience. And I guess quick healing from all the bruises you get.

If you knew anything about professional sports players, you would know that most of them are very intelligent. And this doesn't suprise me at all, because they are raking in the dough playing games while us chumps work these jobs that require so much "intellectual horsepower".

Uhhh and good luck Ryan, don't suck.

I'm not sure if you are serious, but if you are...

It doesn't require much strength at all to be a goalie, it takes reaction time and experience. And I guess quick healing from all the bruises you get.

If you knew anything about professional sports players, you would know that most of them are very intelligent. And this doesn't suprise me at all, because they are raking in the dough playing games while us chumps work these jobs that require so much "intellectual horsepower".

Uhhh and good luck Ryan, don't suck.

word.

The greatest players of all time weren't the greatest because they were the fastest or strongest.

thanks guys, im gonna try my heart out.

lauren : i do need a job right now at least, the salaries are not full yet for most players. they pull in about 1000 a game. there are 16 games. right now the games are usualy on weekends, the guys live all over the country, and get flown in for games, i think thats expensive, but if its no full salaries why would u move to that city anways, u can be traded easily.

the league is expanding, and will have 13 teams this coming season, and full salaries are set to be in place in 2010, if it continues to grow as fast as it is. example. in the last 2 years 4 teams have come into the league.

since 1987 when the league began there has been like 40 teams, they fold like nothing else, then move. but it seems to be different now, teams are staying a while in one place.

the perentage of pro athletes with post secondary education is probably higher than that of people without any history of athletecism, pro or not.

adam is basing his insult on the fact that he went to a highschool where the football guys boned all the hot chicks and made fun of the geeks in science class.

as for NLL pay, i'd say its not quite enough to live comfortably off. it's probably nonstipened as well with some sort of allowance.

The pics are pretty cool..

So lets say the toronto rock wanted you to play for them.. they would fly you to toronto every weekend to play? And do they do the same if your just there to warm the bench?

The pics are pretty cool..

So lets say the toronto rock wanted you to play for them.. they would fly you to toronto every weekend to play? And do they do the same if your just there to warm the bench?

yes sir. have of the players on the rock live in other cities across north america.

they are my fave team, i have cheered for them forever, so i would love to play for them. the roughnecks are great, but im no fickle fan, i never change my teams.