Corrinshwa

Worst Band....your Thoughts?

Dream Theatre.

Thank you.

It recently came to my (much surprised) attention that I hate Pearl Jam, with the exception of Do The Evolution.

Not the worst by far of course, I just thought I'd mention it.

Dream Theatre.

Thank you.

It recently came to my (much surprised) attention that I hate Pearl Jam, with the exception of Do The Evolution.

Not the worst by far of course, I just thought I'd mention it.

I don't HATE Pearl Jam, I'm just getting really bored with them.

My friend loves My Chemical Romance and The Used and I can't see why. He thinks they are actually punk bands, but when I play him actual punk music such as Fugazi or Prophaghandi he's never heard of it.

i think its safe to say that punk rock never actually existed.

i agree with mostly everyuthing said so far. im going add stuff that people might not put down

led zep

jimi hendrix

the who

rolling stones

steppenwolf

colin james

fall out boy

rise against

ANY SCREAMO/EMO/POP PUNK

they are all the worst.

Bah...I like to pretend Scott Stapp is a joke someone is playing on the world. I bought my friend his solo cd as a gift in our neverending "worst gift ever" contest and he took the plastic off, then threw the cd as far as he could.

It was the only thing I've given him that he wouldn't even touch and he's got some pretty bad presents.

i agree with mostly everyuthing said so far. im going add stuff that people might not put down

led zep

jimi hendrix

the who

rolling stones

steppenwolf

colin james

fall out boy

rise against

ANY SCREAMO/EMO/POP PUNK

they are all the worst.

You do realize that Jimi Hendrix and Jimmy Page basically created every guitar riff that exists right? Regardless of if you hate them or not, they do not or will not ever suck.

Edited by matrix

Bah...I like to pretend Scott Stapp is a joke someone is playing on the world. I bought my friend his solo cd as a gift in our neverending "worst gift ever" contest and he took the plastic off, then threw the cd as far as he could.

It was the only thing I've given him that he wouldn't even touch and he's got some pretty bad presents.

;) THAT is hilarious!

you should buy it again, might be kinda funny, cause can you get a worst gift then that?

led zep

jimi hendrix

the who

rolling stones

steppenwolf

colin james

fall out boy

rise against

ANY SCREAMO/EMO/POP PUNK

they are all the worst.

I've just decided I really hate you.

led zep

jimi hendrix

the who

rolling stones

steppenwolf

colin james

fall out boy

rise against

ANY SCREAMO/EMO/POP PUNK

they are all the worst.

You do realize that Jimi Hendrix and Jimmy Page basically created every guitar riff that exists right? Regardless of if you hate them or not, they do not or will not ever suck.

created every guitar riff that exists?? um ok

led zep

jimi hendrix

the who

rolling stones

they are all the worst.

I don't mind them. I know they're great. But if I have to listen to any of anything on that list in along time, I will kill.

I'm not saying that they're the worst. I'm not saying they're the best. I know they're great but I don't wanna listen to them.

On another hand, I fucking HATE HATE HATE HATe HATE AC/DC.

Guest jsunC

rise against are a fucking awesome band, i can see how you may not like them, but they are still talented. Same goes for Zeppelin, i don't like their music so much, but they're talented and i respect them.

As far as the worst band, i definetley have to go with Simple Plan.

led zep

jimi hendrix

the who

rolling stones

steppenwolf

colin james

fall out boy

rise against

ANY SCREAMO/EMO/POP PUNK

they are all the worst.

this is opinion. it says so in the title of the thread.

and i dont give a fuck about guitar riffs, i hate that kind of music. they just pcik random notes, i like stuff that u dont have to be stoned to like.

also, they do suck.

and jason, rise against do suck. they are not talented. any monkey can put together songs with the same chords and stuff. for every single song. i cant tell when one starts and another begins

ok back to things i hate.

slayer

creed

any other old rock that i didnt mention

led zep

jimi hendrix

the who

rolling stones

steppenwolf

colin james

fall out boy

rise against

ANY SCREAMO/EMO/POP PUNK

they are all the worst.

this is opinion. it says so in the title of the thread.

and i dont give a fuck about guitar riffs, i hate that kind of music. they just pcik random notes, i like stuff that u dont have to be stoned to like.

also, they do suck.

and jason, rise against do suck. they are not talented. any monkey can put together songs with the same chords and stuff. for every single song. i cant tell when one starts and another begins

ok back to things i hate.

slayer

creed

any other old rock that i didnt mention

slayer are awesome in my books. but i happen to like face-melting riffs in songs about slitting throats and satan. plus, dave lombardo is one of the most talented drummers ever.

you just dislike everything that's dated? is that what you mean by old rock?

Edited by borntohula

led zep

jimi hendrix

the who

rolling stones

steppenwolf

colin james

fall out boy

rise against

ANY SCREAMO/EMO/POP PUNK

they are all the worst.

created every guitar riff that exists?? um ok

Ok, well not every guitar riff. But they are responsible for inspiring most of the music today. Had they never existed, a lot of todays music would not be here. That's a fact. You can look at almost any decent rock group now, and they'll say that Page and Hendrix were their inspiration.

Ok, well not every guitar riff. But they are responsible for inspiring most of the music today.  Had they never existed, a lot of todays music would not be here.  That's a fact.  You can look at almost any decent rock group now, and they'll say that Page and Hendrix were their inspiration.

don't forget that they did a lot of copying themselves. a lot of music they played had existed prior, specifically in page's case.

i would not assert that without page and hendrix, music wouldnt be like it is today. certainly it would be different, but you're giving them a lot of credit for something that they didn't just create out of thin air. just as much as certain artists of today were inspired by those musicians, jimmy page and jimi hendrix had their own inspirations; meaning that the circumstances they were presented with in their lives that led to the creation of many-a-riff were not just exclusively their own. i imagine these circumstances would probably be presented to someone else if for some reason page and hendrix did not exist.

keep in mind that what you say is not fact. you cannot travel through time, kill page and hendrix for the sake of science to see if music still turns out similar or not. therefore you yourself do not know what would happen to music without them. also, a lot of what you say is based on opinion, and not actual evidence. i realize this thread is an opinion one, however, when discussing the importance of one artist versus another, you need some sort of backup to substantiate your claims. otherwise, it's meaningless. saying that "any decent rock group" will cite page or hendrix as an influence is projecting your own opinion on something you had claimed to be fact. you can't do that.

Edited by borntohula