Rise Against And AFI

Which one do you like better  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you like better

• AFI: Decemberunderground
    • Rise Against: The Sufferer and the Witness
    • I'm gay and haven't heard either

Guest jsunC

Bought both cds recently, and i like them both. I've been following Rise against for a while, and the cd satisfied me. AFI i've haven't really ever followed, but my friend recommended it, and i was pleasantly surprised.

I'm a huge fan of Rise Against's new album. Prayer Of The Refugee is an amazing song. Before this I had only heard one or two songs by these guys but since then I picked up a few of their cds.

As for AFI, compared to their old stuff, this album sounds like their trying to copy Follout Boy. I don't know what made them take this direction but its not a good one. (But if you manage to forget what they sounded like before, this is a decent album.)

Guest jsunC

you can say that about afi caz' they're a borderline screamo band but not rise against. listen to their music before you make generalizations

both bands blow.

they both have shitty images:"cry me a river, life is so unfair"

grow up u little pricks.

boy you really haven't listenned to either, have you?

i'm not really defending them per se, but i've listenned to both and their lyrical content can't really be encompassed in such sweeping generalizations as the one you just made.

Edited by borntohula

New Rise Against is excellent. Haven't heard the new AFI yet, but they're generally good as well.

Which I guess by these standards makes me not gay, but not successfully...otherwise...either.

Also, I still find the contemporary usage of the term rather odd.

Edited by Sparq

Both cd's are fantastic. I still think that Revolutions per Minute was their best cd. Having said that, I've been listening to AFI non-stop, it really is a great cd.

Ryan, you obviously have never listend to Rise Against. A word of advice, before you try to sound like a cool guy, make sure you're not going to sound like a retard.