Azalroth

Ecnarf After Reading Bad Grammer...

No, but it's pretty funny regardless.

I almost went skinny dipping with a bunch of complete strangers. I wasn't drunk, but tipsy (as in, walking in a straight line was hard, and I was able to talk a lot better than normal for some reason), and went on a walk with some cousins/my sister out to the little beach at the campground, and there were a few people just hanging out there who were apparently about to go skinny dipping, and invited us to join. I took off my shoe/socks and waded out into the water, but ultimately kept my pants on.

Nope, just in Northern Ontario.

You're right about skinny-dipping with family members. I honestly don't know if I would have gone skinny dipping if I had a towel and had happened upon those people without my sister / female cousins in tow. Even weirder is the fact that I went walking around the campground in the middle of a rather cold night without a worry in my head. I never would have done that sober. And then I walked back to my campsite barefoot.

Alcohol: The nectar of the gods.

It's not that there's nothing wrong with it, it's that had I done that sober, I would have been afraid of bears and wolves. We were in rather serious bear territory, and there are signs of a rather high wolf population in that area.

I've only been in a campground where there was a bear active in the area a few times, and everyone is notified so they don't leave any meat/garbage on their campsite for the bear to come and eat. Other than that, bears are quite rare in campgrounds. But I'm quite paranoid, so none of that really matters.

Fact: I'm convinced I was once hissed at by a cougar while skiing in British Colombia. It was the first run of the morning (and I mean, I was on the first chairlift up) and I was carrying my skis uphill along this wooded area and heard the sound of one big, pissed off cat. I was absolutely freaking out, and I can't run very fast carrying skis and wearing ski boots at that kind of altitude. I was completely alone at the time. And there definitely are cougars on that mountain.

Wow, holy crap. I've lived in BC all my life and never glimpsed one. And I grew up in serious Rattlesnake country as well and didn't see any of those either. How uneventful.

Hmm, over here they close off entire trail systems and campgrounds if there's bears wandering around.

But when they deal with bears out in the B.C. Interior, the bears mean considerably more business than they do in Ontario. I mean, if a bear wanders onto a campground in Ontario, it's used to eating garbage and will likely have problems if they try to repatriate it to the wilderness. And those are brown/black bears, too. You can't afford to fuck around with a Grizzly, though.

True dat. They shoot bears over here if they get too accustomed to people cuz they just get into more and more trouble. Although there's been this one in the news lately that apparently escaped from some sort of reserve and proceeded to go on a romp with a female bear, then got bored/hungry and came home... true story. They were going to castrate the poor guy to control his urges...

Edited by kirbenvost

...as in, walking in a straight line was hard, and I was able to talk a lot better than normal for some reason...

Yep, alcohol allows you to be able to talk, much more and you SOUND like your talking fine. More often then not your slurring but you won't notice such things.

Good job either way.