15 Linkin Park - Meteora

16 Metallica - Master of Puppets

17 Rage Against the Machine - The Battle of Los Angeles

18 Sum 41 - Does This Look Infected?

19 System of a Down - Toxicity

20 Matthew Good Band - Beautiful Midnight

Pretty awesome. didn't know about this

That list is fucking stupid.

Velvet Revolver, Sum 41, and Linkin Park above Matthew Good?!?!

Seriously.

PS. If I ever have to hear anything on Nevermind EXCEPT Something in the Way I will fucking kill somone.

Edited by Jarrod

i can see how contraband and hybrid theory were above matt good... even though i'm not a linkin park fan at all, i have to say that they were both pretty good albums radio play wise, but sum 41 i definetly agree with you on. fucking terrible. the station music director probably had a huge hand in this list, and he is a fucking loser from what i hear. none of the djs like him.

I heard Oh Be Joyful yesterday on the Zone... I'm not a frequent listener due to the lack of decent reception but they seem to have a wider playlist than the Fox (for modern music anyways). I haven't heard any non Underdogs/BM tracks on the Fox in a while. Sad because they used to be so suuportive of all things Matthew Good a while back.

Best rock radio station, Power 97 here in Winnipeg. They play Matt Good often (I usually hear 3 different songs during a work day) and not only his new stuff. Symbolistic White Walls, Haven't Slept In Years, Everything Is Automatic, all of these are played more often than any of his newer stuff. They REFUSE to play Coldplay because "Coldplay is not rock" and even though they do play Weezer (and the shit that is Nickelback) they good MORE THAN out weighs the bad. They hold a yearly contest for local bands to get some airplay and they promote the bands VERY heavily. they also release a CD featuring the winning bands and donate the proceded to the childrens hospital. plus, they hold "Studio 97 sessions" where they get bands that are coming through to come in and play a (mostly) acoustic set. it's awesome.

sorry, just bragging because all of you hate your local radio stations. Anyway, I disagree with a few of thos albums being there:

2 Green Day - American Idiot

4 Green Day - Dookie

6 Velvet Revolver - Contraband

9 Billy Talent - Billy Talent

those 5 albums do not belong in the top 99 (let alone the top 20) I'd hate to have to deal with that radio station.

Best rock radio station, Power 97 here in Winnipeg. They play Matt Good often (I usually hear 3 different songs during a work day) and not only his new stuff. Symbolistic White Walls, Haven't Slept In Years, Everything Is Automatic, all of these are played more often than any of his newer stuff. They REFUSE to play Coldplay because "Coldplay is not rock" and even though they do play Weezer (and the shit that is Nickelback) they good MORE THAN out weighs the bad. They hold a yearly contest for local bands to get some airplay and they promote the bands VERY heavily. they also release a CD featuring the winning bands and donate the proceded to the childrens hospital. plus, they hold "Studio 97 sessions" where they get bands that are coming through to come in and play a (mostly) acoustic set. it's awesome.

sorry, just bragging because all of you hate your local radio stations. Anyway, I disagree with a few of thos albums being there:

2 Green Day - American Idiot

4 Green Day - Dookie

6 Velvet Revolver - Contraband

9 Billy Talent - Billy Talent

those 5 albums do not belong in the top 99 (let alone the top 20) I'd hate to have to deal with that radio station.

Dookie sold 10 million and American Idiot is approaching 6 million.

You have to look at this list for what it is and that is one radio stations list of 99 albums and sales is a huge factor, being why some of the ones no one here seems to like but sold very well, like greenday. I am very pleased to have Matt get on the list and top 20 is showing he still gets a bit of mainstream popularity. Overall not a bad list, but one that i would make would be vastly different.

you guys are high if you don't think dookie is in the top 20. say what you will about greenday, but nearly every person I know had dookie for themselves, or had a sibling with it. based on sales alone it deserves to be there, especially when you consider that it was a huge mainstream success for an otherwise unknown band.

cfox barely plays matt anymore

sad really

i hear the occasional HTB, or Rico, but nothing superfantastic

maybe when matt starts to promote his next album will we hear him on the airwaves.

i hate those cookie cutter bands

Oh man, they play the Hip on Rock101 way too much but it's cool none the less. It really doesn't matter how much a band is played on the radio anymore, I guess it depends more on whether or not MuchMusic/MTV wants to play you.

I'm guessing that MG/MGB isn't being played as often is that there's no new material. On our drive to my place today we heard the shittiest songs ever which all sounded the same... from different bands. And then they played some Angels and Airwaves which sounded exactly like Blink 182 and Plus 44.