anitanium

Top 99 Album?

Dookie sold 10 million and American Idiot is approaching 6 million.

Sales does not a good record make. You can't say that every album that sells well is a great album. Look at BSB or any of those other fads that sold HUGE amounts of records, are you telling me that they are good albums? How about Elton John's Candle In The Wind? that single sold MILLIONS of copies solely because it was recorded for Princess Di. Does that make it great? I hardly think so. more like opportunistic.

Actually my city has a pretty rad radio station (for now...). It's called Sonic and it won't play nickleback or simple plan ever, plays Matthew Good and Limblifter and actually plays a lot of local bands. It has its share of garbage,but that's really unavoidable.

I love it allovertheplace. But there's talk of some company wanting to buy it and turn it into something else.

Edited by Corrinshwa

first of all, this list doesn't specify what these albums are the 'top' of. for instance, this list could be identifying the top 99 most overplayed albums, or the top 99 most overrated, or top 99 most obviously commercial, etc..

secondly, it is compiled from listener votes. blame vancouver radio listeners.

thirdly, blah blah blah. bababooey.

WOW whoever made this list has little musical taste. Short of a few exceptions the list is basically comproised of top 40 crap. Linkin Park is the worst group of "muscians" I have ever heard.For them to be included on any list is an insult to the rest of the list.

Rock 101.1 plays quite a bit of MGB on the other hand.

I love that they're back to playing MGB & other modern "classic" rock. It's unfortunate that they won't play -new- music tho. (According to a dj I talked to a few months ago... I had asked if they would play the new Pearl Jam since they're back in the rotation and he pointed me to the Fox. Blah.)

Does anyone else long for the days of the "double-shot" (on the Fox)? It was so common to hear two MGB songs in a row several times a day... I realize that can be accomplished listening to the album but I enjoy the spontaneity that was radio back in the day. Ok, done reminiscing.

1 Nirvana - Nevermind

2 Green Day - American Idiot

3 U2 - Joshua Tree

4 Green Day - Dookie

5 Pearl Jam - Ten

6 Velvet Revolver - Contraband

7 Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory

8 Metallica - Black

9 Billy Talent - Billy Talent

10 Audioslave - Audioslave

11 GNR - Appetite for Destruction

12 Nirvana - Unplugged