hum-an-ole

Did Matt And Jennifer Break Up?

If people would stop arguing, there should be no need to close the thread.

How about this:

Anyone who is mature and wants to know about or has truthful information on this topic, post away!

People who are petty and have nothing better to do with they time than to tell others that they have no lives (I don't see the hypocracy there...lol) can go waste their ever so packed and amazing lives somewhere else.

well said.

you guys need fucking lives.

Fuck you. Guess what, you're on a Matt Good message board dedicated to... that's right, MATT GOOD!

Some people actually do care about him regardless of knowing him personally or not. If Matt came down with some horrible disease should we all "get fucking lives" because we'd be concerned about it? This is no different. Most people don't want to know because they're nosy gossipy assholes, they want to know because they care. There's a big difference.

Actually, when I read that comment in Matt's blog, I was a little shocked.

Shocked that the person who left the comment, would say something as rude and intimate as that. It's obvious by Matt's refusal to officially say something and his new online beginning, without any mention of her or his personal life, that he really doesn't want that part of his life to be discussed.

And so, to leave such a message is just going to rile up fans, and he's probably getting tons of "Are you getting divorced?!" e-mails from people.

Yes, people are wondering, and there's rumour and speculation. And it's up to Matt whether he lets us know or not. Until that time, maybe it's just best if we just leave it alone?

The thread needn't be closed, and just as other people have already said, just be respectful and mindful of Matt's privacy. As his fans, we should be supportive and caring. Not nosy and gossipy.

yes, care about him and have some empathy for his bitterness at the moment. Anyone else see his header right now?

http://matthewgood.org/

Some people would be offened by that without knowing his was going through some problems in his relationship.

edit: Muran, I definitely understand and respect you point, but as Chad (Matrix) mentioned, Matt surely realizes with his celebrity that people will be wondering about this, and better to do it here than hound him about it. I just wasn't sure if he had talked about it and I missed it somehow since someone out there obviously seems to know.

Edited by Christing

I just know that I ended a two year relationship over all sorts of insane reasons once and pretty much all that got me through was actually Matt Good's music. My rock bottom moment was one morning when i just couldn't do anything...i didn't want to be. And then i put on underdogs and listened to prime time deliverance for 2 hours straight just crying my eyes out. then i got up, went to work...and kept going. I hope he has something to get him through.

It may be immature, but I can't help but have empathy for someone who (if the rumors are true) is seperated from their wife for whatever reason. I can't imagine how horrible it would be.

The fact that he's back at things so quickly and trying to move on is encouraging:

"Maybe the next five days will be the beginning of the turn-around. Maybe 2006 won

^ Yes that is a good thing to read. Sounds like he's having a pretty bad time and I hope it gets better soon. I wonder if this stuff is going to be reflected on the next album.

It's hard not to cry when something like that ends. I did, a lot. I self-loathed (haven't quite gotten over that one, who knows if I will), hated, regretted, wished, moped, etc etc etc. Finally after months of not seeing her, I don't give a shit anymore, for the most part. I still find myself missing her from time to time, but not as often anymore. The bitterness is mostly gone, but that was a big part of my thoughts for a long time.

Matt Good actually had no part in helping. Made it a bit worse perhaps because I remember one day she called and told me to listen to Strange Days because she'd heard it on the radio, and it fit the moment. We always liked that song. Shit like that makes me miss some of what we had.

Edited by kirbenvost

Sorry for your loss Kevin. Losing someone you care for is never easy.

My current boyfriend and I got together partially because of Matt Good. He saw my cd collection in college and we started talking about music and went to see MG together about a month later and were together not long after that night.

Edited by Christing

Thanks, but it's okay now. I'm better without her.

Good for you. Hopefully Matt will have the strength to move on with the same dignity.

(assuming this is all true, as many of you here, I won't truly believe anything until I hear it from the man himself, but it does seem to make a lot of sense and explain some comments coming out of him)

you guys need fucking lives.

Amen.

I see no reason why this thread shouldn't be deleted.

These replies coming from people who have made a combined 30 posts. Thanks for the input fuckers, but suck my nuts.

Ohh... burn. So the logic is: the more posts a person has, the more valued his opinion. I see.

And in saying that I'm someone 'new' to the board. Check the dates that both you and I became members.

Edited by haircut-rabbit

Breakups and Music. The great equalizer of peoples.

Maybe it's just me, but it's so hard to know he's going through a hard time, and suffering, and we can only rally around him from afar.

But he projects himself as a strong man. And I'm sure he has a good network of friends and family to keep him from crumbling. Not to mention his sweet little dogs.

There's that Flickr photo of his, the one with the caption "Even in a sea of people, it is possible to be utterly alone"

It's hard knowing someone feels like that, even if it's only sometimes...

Breakups and Music. The great equalizer of peoples.

Maybe it's just me, but it's so hard to know he's going through a hard time, and suffering, and we can only rally around him from afar.

But he projects himself as a strong man. And I'm sure he has a good network of friends and family to keep him from crumbling. Not to mention his sweet little dogs.

There's that Flickr photo of his, the one with the caption "Even in a sea of people, it is possible to be utterly alone"

It's hard knowing someone feels like that, even if it's only sometimes...

that's heartbreaking.

Mmm...yes, I felt like that tonight. There was a big fireworks show here in Vancouver, the biggest one of the year, thousands of people, and although I was with friends I felt completely alone. Strangely I feel less alone here... that's not right but that's how it is. It's hard feeling that way, and sad that Matt feels that way too, but it shows he's just as human as everyone else, which is one of the things I like about him. He's not above everyone like so many artists seem to be.

Mmm...yes, I felt like that tonight. There was a big fireworks show here in Vancouver, the biggest one of the year, thousands of people, and although I was with friends I felt completely alone. Strangely I feel less alone here... that's not right but that's how it is. It's hard feeling that way, and sad that Matt feels that way too, but it shows he's just as human as everyone else, which is one of the things I like about him. He's not above everyone like so many artists seem to be.

I couldn't agree more. I think that's a large part of why so many people end up feeling like they know him and begin to really care for him like they would any friend. Matt's very real and that's what makes him great in my book.