hum-an-ole

Did Matt And Jennifer Break Up?

i think we pretty much all knew it was over when matt sung "in this town, when the sun goes down, you party and i pay the bills"

i've been in relationships like that before. beauty only gets you so far, especially if you're married to an intelligent man like matt.

the sex with a smokin' blonde and trophy girlfriend thing wears off after a while. especially when she's publicly making herself out to be it.

i dont scold the man, though. i'd do the same thing... and i have.

Edited by one_trick_pony

You have a point there, OTP. Just a question of finance here - when you divorce, does your ex have a potential claim against your savings/money in bank account, or is your own money secure unless you have a joint account?

EDIT:

It
Edited by ecnarf

We don't have prenuptual agreements in Canada. We have Domestic Contracts which are basically the equivalent. Regardless of whether a couple has a joint account or not, each spouse is entitled to 50% of the combined assets. That is, unless a domestic contract was signed before marriage. Clearly many wealthy people choose not to have one, simply because it often represents a slap in the face to their spouse and goes against what marriage is all about.

Edited by Computer

If I ever get married, i'm getting a pre-nup (or Domestic Agreement, as you say). The way I see it, a pre-nup is a woman's way of telling me (as I am obviously going to be the rich one in the partnership) that she doesn't care that I'm loaded. "Trust" be damned. You can only lose from not signing a prenup.

it seems like common sense to me. how would these people like it if a bunch of total fucking strangers were discussing something as personal as their RELATIONSHIP? i don't get the appeal. matt good is not your friend. you are not chums, you are not going to BE chums, because he is a musician, he is not your old pal from way back that you discuss with your drinking buddies at the fucking high school reunion he doesn't show up for.

therefore, his personal life is none of your business. period.

yes, i said chums.

I'm sorry, but the forum is devoted specifically to Matthew Good, not a random member of the board (i.e. mrs jesus). The description says "All things Good". I'm pretty sure when a musician we all admire goes into a slump and starts singing pretty depressing stuff, we're allowed to comment on it. It's affecting his style of music, his plans for the future, and everything else. Not to mention, he brings it up on his own website knowing all of us will read it... if he didn't expect conversation about it, he wouldn't have said anything at all.

Getting back to topic... Jenn = damn fine woman physically... but yeah, I'd tire of all the in between stuff. Wonder who the cocaine-addicted stock broker is?

you guys need fucking lives.

Amen.

I see no reason why this thread shouldn't be deleted.

These replies coming from people who have made a combined 30 posts. Thanks for the input fuckers, but suck my nuts.

You took my saying bitch! Only I say " Suck my nuts!".

And by the way, I see nothing wrong with inquiring about your favorite artist's change in life.

HAHA, I prefer suck my left nut.. but suck my nuts works just as fine.

And as for the topic, Life goes on, we all have heart break, we all have joy. But His life is alot more public then the rest of ours. It's not like there was much media attention when my g/f and I split up reacently.. LOl

things happen for a reason and anyone with a good head on their shoulders can make it through any thing.. that's my two cents...

And silent I think your ahead of me now.. I guess I've gotta catch up.

it seems like common sense to me. how would these people like it if a bunch of total fucking strangers were discussing something as personal as their RELATIONSHIP? i don't get the appeal. matt good is not your friend. you are not chums, you are not going to BE chums, because he is a musician, he is not your old pal from way back that you discuss with your drinking buddies at the fucking high school reunion he doesn't show up for.

therefore, his personal life is none of your business. period.

yes, i said chums.

Wow this is odd... I actually agree with you this. I've finally decided, I like you. Not that you care either way.

This kind of thing happens everyday, who the **** cares if someone breaks up. Hell my parents broke up 5 years ago, no one cared then. Celebs get married like 4 or 5 times in a life time, screw the sympathy and crap. I know I wouldn't want your damned sympathy.

As for the music change...who cares, if you like him you might enjoy some of his depressing sappy music. I highly doubt it'll last all that long anyway, it's his way of expressing how he feels. Deal with it.

Cheers.

Azalroth - you're missing the point though... if I started a thread on influence on Matt Good's new music, would I not be able to discuss him and jen getting divorced? It's more than just a personal relationship... if it affects his music, it's fair game, if u ask me.

Edit: I'm not saying I don't like his recent songs... I do like them. If someone wants to discuss why his music has a different tone to it now, i see no reason why we can't do it right here.

Edited by mself084

I agree with you to a point, but I'm arguing the fact that everyone is discussing a mans personal life. Besides this thread wasn't made to talk about the influential affect that such a thing may cause on this mans music.

"Did Matt And Jennifer Break Up?, Hearsay about Matt and Jenny's breakup"

This was created to clear up a rumour, to find out wether they are broken up or not (as much to my dismay)

matt said it was okay to discuss it, as long as it remained civil. he's not so stupid to think people don't care about him. if you do care about this thing, read this thread. if you don't, don't read it. when you become a celebrity, you give up all rights to privacy.

He wouldn't post it on his blog if he didn't want it to be discussed. It's human nature.

That said, there is a line, but I don't think saying that you sympathize with him is anywhere close to being over with it. He got hurt by a selfish act, and that sucks. What's wrong with acknowledging that?

If I ever get married, i'm getting a pre-nup (or Domestic Agreement, as you say).  The way I see it, a pre-nup is a woman's way of telling me (as I am obviously going to be the rich one in the partnership) that she doesn't care that I'm loaded.  "Trust" be damned.  You can only lose from not signing a prenup.

that makes COMPLETE sense

i'm sure my women would see it as a slap in the face if I proposed a prenup, but I see it as REAL commitment, so i know they're not pulling an Anna Nicole Smith on me.

If she signs it without question, i know she's not in it for the money, she's in it for me, and that's what matters

now, i'm just speculating that Matt could care less about the money. he can make a bunch more by putting on more shows. I guess he was just frustrated because he knew the whole world except his own.

give the man his time and space

if he wants our support, he knows where to find us

Edited by anitanium

when you become a celebrity, you give up all rights to privacy.

I will agree with that, it seems that when your famous people don't leave you alone. I know if that happened to me and I was famous, I'd probably just want to dissapear for a while to get my head straight. But that would be in my world, But I still had to go to work and put on a fake smile to make things seem like there ok.

Celebs are people to, it just kinda sucks that there lives are viewed under a microscope.. The life seems pretty cool, having the money and security for your family. But you've still gotta deal with everyone wanting to know everything.