hum-an-ole

Did Matt And Jennifer Break Up?

I think this thread has got a little stale. It seems events like this always bring out the worst posters as well.

Not that it really applies, but I would like to add a quote on the whole thing

"Intelligent people discuss ideas, shallow people discuss people"

Peace

I think this thread has got a little stale. It seems events like this always bring out the worst posters as well.

Not that it really applies, but I would like to add a quote on the whole thing

"Intelligent people discuss ideas, shallow people discuss people"

Peace

By commenting on the people, are you not also discussing people?

Oh boy, I was wondering how a thread about it hasn't been made and now I found this. Well, I don't have anything to say really.

Many threads had been made but 'mysteriously' vanished shortly after.

It's not mysterious. It's obvious.

I put the little quotey things around mysterious for a reason.

he used to not be cool with people discussing him and jen here, but then he was okay with it.

Probably because he posted it himself, thus bringing it out into the open. Perhaps by no longer hiding it he hopes to move on with his life.

Edited by Russell

I just want to lend my support to the justification of this thread.

1. This is a Matthew Good message board. If Crusader wants to limit it to strictly "The music of Matt Good", that is ultimately Crusader's choice, but please make that clear in the beginning.

2. However, I don't believe we should be trying to separate a man from his music. To say that his personal life has no impact on his music is incorrect. A musician's soul can be engrained in his words and melodies. Many listeners are interested to know the driving force behind the songs they cherish. I certainly am; I want to know the deeper meanings of the tune and the artist's intentions. This sort of life-changing event Matt is going through now, will ultimately be reflected in his songs.

3. People watch Behind the Music and other documentary-type shows to learn more about their favorite bands and artists. It consists of mostly "private life" material. Do you not enjoy these sorts of things from time to time, Mrs Jesus? Crusader?

4. Is Matthew Good going to read this? Why should he much care about what we say about the situation? He knows we are fans and he knows what his celebrity entails.

5. Matt posts online and people read it. Some of his posts have been personal - and people enjoy it. People here have also read Jenny's blog (which was even more personal) and they enjoyed it. Matt makes this information available to us and he has implied things about the current status of his relationship. Again, if he didn't want anyone to know, he wouldn't make it public. Was he expecting no one to comment on it? Were any of you expecting that?

6. This is one of the few places online where Matt Good's fans can come together to discuss the man and his music. I suggest not censoring the personal aspect of it. People want to talk about what they want to talk about. Censoring them only makes them angry and confused. Censoring things that were created without intent to harm and that bear little threat to anyone at all is a poor choice.

Ultimately, I thank Crusader for deciding to keep this thread from censorship and deletion.

Edited by zenkey

i never said his life had no impact on his music. obviously it does, any creative person is going to express feelings/ideas/whatever through their art.

what i said is that i don't care about his personal life. i like the music. i don't feel a need to know WHY his songs were written or what he was thinking or going through personally when he wrote them. i attribute songs to my OWN life. that's part of the enjoyment of listening to music for me, getting my own meaning from it.

sure i watch shit like behind the music, on occasion. but i'm not interested in the man's relationship. sorry. i don't really think there are many things more personal and private than someone's relationship. i don't want to discuss my own relationships with total strangers, and i certainly don't want to discuss the relationship of a musician i will never meet with total strangers.

what is all this talk about censoring? no one censored anything, no one is going to censor anything unless it gets out of hand. i didn't ask you to agree with my opinion, ok? i just said that i have a hard time understanding why people are so concerned about his relationship and suggested that they make a similar thread for themselves and see how they liked all their personal business displayed for the whole fucking board to chat about.

Edited by mrs jesus

If I may.

[i don't post here often, but that shouldn't deflect from the actual content of the topic.]

I realise that you're trying to respect Good's privacy by outlawing fans from discussing his private life on this forum. But, and, maybe it's just me, his latest blog almost encourages this. Whether he's feeling gloomy and need a pick-me-up from dozens of adorning fans or not isn't important, he posted something that let his fans delve into his personal life; it's as relevant to be discussed here as is his new MySpace account IMO.

Furthermore, such personal trauma will almost undoubtedly affect his next album's mood and/or concept. Surely fans are allowed to discuss and muse about something that could have a huge bearing on his next project.

I have no personal interest in discussing his life; I don't care to because I'm more concerned with my own life and others' who directly affect mine. But others may feel differently, and should be allowed to voice their concerns/opinions on the matter.

Good started the discussions with his blogs. If he wanted people to know what was going on behind-the-scenes with him, my opinion is that people should be allowed to address the issue.

- Corm

[if you feel the need to lock and/or delete this topic, I would appreciate at least a PM.]

1. wrong forum, sugarpants.

2. i'm merging this with the other thread because everything you have said goes right along with the discussions taking place there already and you're not special enough to need your own personal thread about it.

;)

i never said his life had no impact on his music. obviously it does, any creative person is going to express feelings/ideas/whatever through their art.

what i said is that i don't care about his personal life. i like the music. i don't feel a need to know WHY his songs were written or what he was thinking or going through personally when he wrote them. i attribute songs to my OWN life. that's part of the enjoyment of listening to music for me, getting my own meaning from it.

sure i watch shit like behind the music, on occasion. but i'm not interested in the man's relationship. sorry. i don't really think there are many things more personal and private than someone's relationship. i don't want to discuss my own relationships with total strangers, and i certainly don't want to discuss the relationship of a musician i will never meet with total strangers.

what is all this talk about censoring? no one censored anything, no one is going to censor anything unless it gets out of hand. i didn't ask you to agree with my opinion, ok? i just said that i have a hard time understanding why people are so concerned about his relationship and suggested that they make a similar thread for themselves and see how they liked all their personal business displayed for the whole fucking board to chat about.

I wasn't just speaking to you in my post, I was speaking to all the people who were against the idea of this thread and listing various reasons I thought that this thread was justified. I picked out your name because you were one of the people wanting to exclude discussion on Matt's personal life from this board and citing you was relevant to my post.

As far as censoring goes, it almost sounds like this thread was on the verge of being deleted entirely. Were there no other threads on this topic before this thread was created? If there were, and they were deleted unjustly, then that's censorship. Regardless of that being true or not, saying "you can't talk about that" is just wrong.

Edited by zenkey

Oh boy, I was wondering how a thread about it hasn't been made and now I found this. Well, I don't have anything to say really.

Many threads had been made but 'mysteriously' vanished shortly after.

If you complain again you'll be banned.

I wasn't just speaking to you in my post, I was speaking to all the people who were against the idea of this thread and listing various reasons I thought that this thread was justified. I picked out your name because you were one of the people wanting to exclude discussion on Matt's personal life from this board and citing you was relevant to my post.

As far as censoring goes, it almost sounds like this thread was on the verge of being deleted entirely. Were there no other threads on this topic before this thread was created? If there were, and they were deleted unjustly, then that's censorship. Regardless of that being true or not, saying "you can't talk about that" is just wrong.

You're not paying for this place. The mods can censor whatever they feel is inappropriate. I think we agreed to that a long time ago.

You're not paying for this place. The mods can censor whatever they feel is inappropriate. I think we agreed to that a long time ago.

Right. That's why I said that ultimately the decision is yours. I'm not paying for this place. I personally have no desire to talk about Matt Good's relationship with his (ex)wife. I just think that people should be able to talk about it if they want to. My position was that this thread was not inappropriate.

I believe that as long as the content is not hurting anyone or causing a disturbance to another individual, it should not be censored. I'm saying this is intended to be a Matthew Good board and it's Matthew Good we're talking about here.

But again, it's your decision on what goes.

P.S.: Have you gotten increasingly bitter in the last two years? I remember you not being a dick.

...and THAT you can censor. ;)

Hah. Nah, I've just ahd enough with all of these threads. If you want to kiss Matthew's ass you can comment on his blog ;).

edit: Also, it's alwys been a Matthew Good music board. It's been in the music section from the start.

Hah. Nah, I've just ahd enough with all of these threads. If you want to kiss Matthew's ass you can comment on his blog ;).

edit: Also, it's alwys been a Matthew Good music board. It's been in the music section from the start.

Alright, if that's how "Matthew Good" being listed under the music section is meant to be construed...

I can't argue with you.