jmp

Matthew Good B-Sides

Hey folks,

I was just wondering if the B-sides for Audio of Being were any good. The B-Sides tend to be some of my favorite stuff Matt does (darn, I wish "Can't Get Shot in the Back if You Don't Run" was available for download like some other sites promised it would be).

Also, what is the legality of B-sides. If Matt released them for download for one point off his web site, does that mean that they can be freely distributed after they've been taken off the site?

Thanks,

Joe

hmm... so what your saying is the mere act of having the songs is contra to Mr. Goods wishes... and ironicaly any good fan has them, which means: All good fans have these B-Sides, Mr. Good doesn't want anybody to have them -> All good fans upset Mr.Good.

Peace

yes, right, Jon... records companies are just worried about how much money they can make, not about the art, about music as art... if i can "hurt" companies downloading those songs - or some others - from the Internet, no doubt i will do it! ;)

What I find unfortunate about record companies is that they are willing to put thousands of dollars into producing artists (and when I say producing I mean hiring pretty people, teaching them to sing, hiring backup artists, hiring writers, etc). such as the Backstreet Boys, N'Sync (days of old references), Brittany, etc. But they are afraid of music being shared. I know I buy more CD's when there only $10... I bought 2 the other day, because they where on sale for $10... that's a good deal over $20 per CD. But maybe CD's wouldn't be so expensive if the companies stopped funding these so-called 'artists'.

I know a girl who is a singer song writer, and she just produced a CD, but she's had to work long hours to fund her recording studio time, the mastering, and the printing. She's very talented, but it's hit or miss as to whether she will be successful. But at least she had to work to achieve what ever she achieves.

Peace