hum-an-ole

Favorite Rooms

What is your favourite song on Rooms? (Why?)  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite song on Rooms? (Why?)

• Truffle Pigs
    • Tripoli
    • Generation X-Wing
    • Apparitions
    • North American For Life
    • Advertising On Police Cars
    • Hello Time Bomb
    • Strange Days
    • Prime Time Deliverance

tripoli stands out amongst all the others in that it works so well acoustically. apparitions and strange days do too, but we've heard them done acoustically before. and I have to admit that I don't like when artists evolve the way they sing their classics. you know, the extra "aaa aaa aa's" in apparitions etc. it's good for them cause they get bored and their singing changes, but it's a classic because of the way he originally sang it .

I picked prime time because it probably adheres more closely to the original, and also because it's my favorite song out of the bunch, regardless of however it's re-recorded.and the channel surfing added a lot to it. x-wing is a close 2nd for me, the lyrics really stood out in an cool/awkward way.but for the same reason hello time bomb didn't work. I couldn't pick tripoli because I still view it as a pixie tribute.

as for the rest, I wouldn't liked if he tried something other than slow the tempo and frig up the timing for every song. it was cool, but playing acoustically is eccentric enough witout, anyway im rambling sorry.

Edited by heyrabbit