1. 1. which is your fav. system cd?

• System of a down (self-titled)
    • Toxicity
    • Steal this Album
    • Hypnotize
    • Mezmerize
    • i'm just here to bash the band

Guest jsunC

I'm thinking most people on this forum probably aren't a fan of system, but i've became a fan recently. My personal fav. Steal this album!

I love them. they are amazing live and are my second favorite band. I'll never understand why so many people hate them. they have good writing and (for the most part) some very good messages (tossed in with the humor)

Anyway, I picked self titled. though I love them ALL a great deal (even though they have changed a lot) s/t just had a more intense feel to it.

I'm sure you're hear stuff like In Flames, Slayer, Children Of Bodom, Canibal Corpse. I don't think there is such a things as better in music, only different. every band and every song is liked by someone.

I'm sure you're hear stuff like In Flames, Slayer, Children Of Bodom, Canibal Corpse. I don't think there is such a things as better in music, only different. every band and every song is liked by someone.

how would system be a gateway to bands like slayer or cannibal corpse? they're not even the same genre. i don't hear system and say 'hey, i think i'll try some slayer'

i could see maybe pantera -> slayer.

Guest jsunC

Well, you could really get into the first system cd, and say to yourself i want something harder, and move on to slayer. That's why i first listened to slayer.

well, you could just as easily go from matthew good to slayer. i mean, i like pussy music and i like metal.

damn straight.

true, but its a different kind of music as far as singing goes.

but thats the same with system and slayer, i don't see your point. the frontwoman for system could never pull off yelling "exile" and have it sound as menacing as tom araya does.