Matt

Matt Damon Is Captain Kirk...

Matt Damon hasn't done anything good outside of Dogma.

seen rounders? great movie...just one example

i think he is good as Jason Bourne as well, i am not discrediting his acting, he is funny to me in Stuck on You... i just don't want to see a pre-quel of the original Trek. i think that would be a bad idea.

personally what i would love to see is a sequel to Galaxy Quest. now that would rock. haha i loved that movie.

Actually, I've never even heard of such a movie...

just researched it (imdb) it sounds really interesting but I seriously hate Tim Allen so much that I don't think I could bring myself to enjoy it.

Actually, I've never even heard of such a movie...

just researched it (imdb) it sounds really interesting but I seriously hate Tim Allen so much that I don't think I could bring myself to enjoy it.

well he isn't the main character, Slater is, and it is a really good movie.

Matt Damon could work as Kirk, sort have like how well he does as Bourne, but it's definitely going to be interesting to see if he can pull it off. He will basically have to get all of Shatner's mannerisms and speech paterns down pat, which could prove tricky if not impossible to overcome.

Depends where you want to start. After the show or 'alternate' reality, etc?

(I haven't been keeping up with them as much, been following String THeory for Voyager and the Taurus Reach TOS universe series. It's interesting getting into novels like S.C.E, and other series which involve ships like the Excelsior and other crews.)

Some of the interesting novel series based on DS9 is "Worlds of Star Trek, Book 1-3", The Gateway series (Covers MULTIPLE novel plots. It contains two DS9 novels as well as other Star Trek eras.

(Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) Millennium

(Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) Prophecy and Change

(Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) Unity

The last two novels listed were excellent and most closely follow the continuation of the main series and are followed by a brief series involving a Jem'Hadar sent by Odo to learn about human existance and leads to some uh...interesting experiences.

For the most recent novelizations to continue the series (and begin a new plot), start at Rising Son, then follow it with Unity, Warpath and then Fearful Symmetry.

Also, try The Left Hand of Destiny (Book One and Two)...a Klingon based novel. Also, there's Mission Gamma #1-4 which are also OK.