but....there is one thing I am afraid of happening. that is if it becomes too focused on the relationship between Pam and Jim.

As soon there is an episode where one of them cheats on the other and it ends with a sad song and a slow pull back of the other looking blankly into the background....then I know it has officially 'jumped the shark' and is now a new Friends. *shudder*

That's all I'd like to say about that.

Disagree. I quite enjoyed the Survivor Man episode where Michael goes off into the bush and he ends up mentoring Jim a little bit. Jim seems to be the one that Michael always wanted to mentor, but Ryan came along and Jim was disinterested, but now that it's clear Jim will be in Scranton for a long time, he's a lot more willing to listen. Though I did enjoy the part where they showed Michael and Jim being a bit similar when they were at the same points in their career. Anyways, the season's pretty good so far. I am glad they are back to half hour episodes though, because that's where the writers seem to hit their stride.

This week's episode was...meh. Jan just keeps getting more and more annoying. Though I have to admit I laughed hysterically when Michael dropped the watermelon. Even my husband did, and he doesn't even like the show (or so he says). And I cringed at what Dwight did with the stroller. Oh, that Dwight! And is it just me, or was the Pam/Jim storyline actually kind of annoying (for once) this week?

I can't disagree more. Jan is annoying but you're supposed to hate her. Dwight and the stroller was hilarious and the Jim/Pam thing made me feel bad for them because long distance relationships are hard. But what really sold me on the episode was the end with Jim & Pam leaving the voicemails. It just seemed perfect.