Shiri

Changed/added Lyrics During Live Shows

Can someone please list the songs Matt added extra verses or changed the lyrics during his live shows? I'm not talking about something he did once but at least a few times... And if someone would be kind enough to upload MP3's of the talked tracks, I'd be very happy and grateful ;)

During the acoustic shows part of PTD was changed

"It's easier to play along, sometimes, all the times more than being wrong"

He also slightly changed the lyrics for The rat..

instead of "I imagined typhoid/ashes" it's "I remember typhoid" both times.

And shame on you if you don't have either of these already

The Rat

PTD

I didn't have these either.....thanx Seanathon you rock. Every time I hear a Matt Good song live it makes me sooo upset that I have not seen him live in over a year ;). I had tickets to his solo/acoustic show in Kitchener...but unfortunately it was the show that was cancelled. Sigh...

I can't believe how great the version of The Rat is....I mean i have heard it live before, but i don't recall it sounding this amazing!!

In Symbolistic White Walls, he'd slow the entire song down, make it darker, and add in this verse at the end (when it would start rocking):

Open your eyes; the nights and days

You close em up and float away

And somehow every day you gotta master lyin` to yourself

You back the cause; get out of school

You get a job, a job gets you

And somehow every day you end up serving somebody else

If that ain't panic that you're feeling, well you damn well better start

You can drive it into that head of yours with the hammer in your heart.

Here it is: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...CC49CD750F7E497

Also, he's played a version of Life Beyond the Minimum Safe Distance a few times with Carmelina tacked onto the end in a gorgeous acoustic form. Here's that: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...B739E436B643FA3

Finally, there's an extended version of Under the Influence where he sings "when my baby's with me, I don't want for nothin`, I wore this one when I walked alone."

Here's that: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...ACFC5353CE0F866

I know he has played all of these at least twice (and many times more in the case of SWW.)

In Alert Status Red the line In the wilderness the only place to find freedom is in the dictionary is under "F"

Live he sings: In the wilderness the only place to find freedom is in the dictionary is under the English "F"

Also, these are both incorrect. The line in the album is "In the wilderness, the only place to find freedom is in the dictionary." And the live version is "In the wilderness the only place to find freedom is in the dictionary; under the English F"

In Symbolistic White Walls, he'd slow the entire song down, make it darker, and add in this verse at the end (when it would start rocking):

How I forgot this one I don't know. I love that version.

Here it is: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...CC49CD750F7E497

Also, he's played a version of Life Beyond the Minimum Safe Distance a few times with Carmelina tacked onto the end in a gorgeous acoustic form. Here's that: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...B739E436B643FA3

Finally, there's an extended version of Under the Influence where he sings "when my baby's with me, I don't want for nothin`, I wore this one when I walked alone."

Here's that: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...ACFC5353CE0F866

I know he has played all of these at least twice (and many times more in the case of SWW.)

In Alert Status Red the line In the wilderness the only place to find freedom is in the dictionary is under "F"

Live he sings: In the wilderness the only place to find freedom is in the dictionary is under the English "F"

Also, these are both incorrect. The line in the album is "In the wilderness, the only place to find freedom is in the dictionary." And the live version is "In the wilderness the only place to find freedom is in the dictionary; under the English F"

I took the lyrics from Alert Status Red from the lyrics

archive here. Sorry about the confusion.

During the 2003 Avalanche tour he would add a little something on Under The Influence.

I can't recall word for word, but I believe it started off with "When my baby's with me, I don't want nothing" or such. I don't have the recording at my work computer so I can't get the exact lyric/sample up. I think the 2003 Vancouver show has it though.

I can't recall word for word, but I believe it started off with "When my baby's with me, I don't want nothing" or such.

Well it was a pretty basic lyric, listening to a few recordings here is what I hear:

When my baby's with me (and I say)

I don't want for nothing (now)

I wore this one when I walk alone (x4)

He didn't play it at the 2003 Vancouver show; I have it appearing on the following recordings:

2002-05-19 (Cayuga)

2002-09-13 (London)

2002-09-14 (Halifax)

2003-04-11 (Toronto)

2003-07-16 (St. Catherines)

2003-07-19 (Sarnia)

Of those the April 11/2003 one is the best sounding, so go to it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=985D36X1 (8.4MB). This is also a great song because just as the song starts rocking Matt yells "Rich" into the mic and continues to give it. I'm not sure why, but that one moment stands out as a favorite of MG recordings.

Can someone upload to Yousendit the Subrbia version?

And I can't seem to download the Prime Time version Sean uploaded, I downloaded all the rest.

Edited by Designate