Prometheon

The Alphabet Of Manliness!

Guest apsham

I am a big fan myself, but I heard some people say that it really wasn't worth the money, such as an entire chapter on farting or something.

Yeah, there are a few stupid and overly cliched chapters, but also several very funny ones.

G is for Gas is obviously stupid, but N is for (Chuck) Norris is actually a lot funnier than I was expecting, even though the whole Chuck Norris fad seems played out.

The guy is a sell out - he never put ads on his website because he didnt want to be part of corporate propaganda...then next thing you know, he updates every 6 months and promotes his book all the time.

That being said, some of the stuff on his website is classic.

Guest apsham
The guy is a sell out - he never put ads on his website because he didnt want to be part of corporate propaganda...then next thing you know, he updates every 6 months and promotes his book all the time.

Sell out? He's promoting himself, which is all he's been doing all along.

Totally disagree on this one. He made a huge point about not having advertisements on his website because he didnt want to make money ranting... then someone waved a contract in his face and he signed it. Add to this the fact that he has continually neglected his website (of free content) and loyal fans in order to write a book and tour the US to promote his own bank account. To me, that's selling out.

I miss the old Maddox.... the one that updated daily and had good stuff to read. All his new stuff seems like crap he just throws together so that he can say he updated.

Guest apsham

Totally disagree on this one. He made a huge point about not having advertisements on his website because he didnt want to make money ranting... then someone waved a contract in his face and he signed it. Add to this the fact that he has continually neglected his website (of free content) and loyal fans in order to write a book and tour the US to promote his own bank account. To me, that's selling out.

I miss the old Maddox.... the one that updated daily and had good stuff to read. All his new stuff seems like crap he just throws together so that he can say he updated.

So you basically wanted the guy to stay with a low-rate job, and hobbit on the internet to write articles for you? He seeked out a book deal, along with the comic deal. There's no new articles? Too bad, I mean he couldn't write forever, and really what's left for him to go on about? I'm rather glad he's slown down actually, whatever materil is left won't run out as fast. He's said that soon he's going to be back to writing anyways.

I'm personally glad for him that he's EXPANDING his horizons and using his talent to make some money, he made. Either way I can't find anything he's said on the site about advertising, only about having his site layout like so, due to protesting shitty graphic heavy designs.

What do you expect? The guy had a HUGE fanbase that he was providing with free entertainment (free of charge AND of advertisements), and now you're complaining when he writes a book and sells it for dirt cheap? Come on.

What do you expect? The guy had a HUGE fanbase that he was providing with free entertainment (free of charge AND of advertisements), and now you're complaining when he writes a book and sells it for dirt cheap? Come on.

I agree with you to a point - if someone offered me a book contract, I'd probably give up writing for free... but that's about it.

My main point is this (and I think both of you can agree with me TO A POINT on this): he gave up on his online fanbase, has written like 4-5 things in the last year (just a guess), and instead put all his energy into a money making project: to me, that's selling out... not the fact that he signed a book deal (good for him), but the fact that he has/is ignoring the online fanbase that made him popular in the first place. I'm not the only one that thinks this... he always comments on a ton of people emailing and bitching at him for that.

P.S. Dirt Cheap? It was $25 at chapters a few weeks back...I guess we come from different income brackets.

Ignoring the internet fan base? Who do you think is out there buying the book?

Bait and switch! Bait and switch! haha. I'm just saying after years of writing on a regular basis and developing a solid fanbase, he ignores them for 6 months and then says "if u want to read my rants, it'll cost you $30" ... that's my side of it all. But I guess we'll never see each other's point of view, so let's just agree to disagree.

Guest apsham

All I am saying is that you can't expect someone with writing skills to give away shit for free, forever. There was five years of free shit, and Maddox never stops getting shit from his fickle, asshole fan base.