lokee

Pearl Jam & Matt Good Tour Would Rock !

I believe Matthew and Ed would get along wonderfully. I'll admit it's a sort-of goal of mine to somehow get some of Matt's catalogue to PJ (which might actually be a possibility). I think they'd appreciate Matt's diversity re: songwriting, the vocals, his intelligent lyrics, and also his feelings towards the industry and charity involvement. They are very similar in many respects.

That said, realistically, Matthew would definitely open for PJ. Matt sells out 1,000-seaters in Canada, whereas PJ sells out 15,000-20,000-seat arenas all over the world. Besides, even if you advertised an MG headlining show with PJ as openers, the PJ diehards would snatch up the tickets in about 30 seconds anyway. ;)

I just like to say I would cream my pants all over being a huge PJ and Matt Good fan. When PJ did their cross canada tour last year (i saw 3 shows), all I could think was that if they knew who Matt Good was he would make a totally perfect opening act.... PJ's opening act was Sleater/Kinney and they SUCKED!!.... well Wintersleep opened in NL and they were pretty good.

I wasn't a huge fan of Sleater-Kinney, either, but I feel like I should give their stuff another chance. It did make me sad that I knew of at least four vastly superior local acts that would've handled the PJ opening gig better, just in the Halifax area, when they were here, though.

Wintersleep, of course, would be one of those. Those guys rock some serious tunes. 'Nerves Normal, Breathe Normal' is a truly epic track.