ecnarf

For The College Bound

Sometimes revisiting old material can be quite an interesting experience, though -- to use a pertinent example, look at MG's acoustic "remix" of Near Fantastica. (Incidentally, I've always thought that doing that song stripped-down and calling it a remix was sort of a knock at the remix phenomenon.)

I never understood the whole point of the college and organizations getting people wasted as a way to have everyone 'bond'. Nice example to set.

Plus, I really can't stand bratty-ass university kids who get wasted all the time and have this feeling of entitlement. I would love to see how they would act if mommy and daddy weren't footing the bill and they had to take some responsibility.

Disclaimer-I realize this doesn't apply to all university kids...just alot of them.

Thanks for people agreeing with me!

You younguns can't really remember but way back when we used to have OAC, mostly everyone was 19 when they got to university and frosh week was pretty much encouraged to get everyone wasted. It was totally ridiculous.

But, it is super awesome when you go back to school as a 'mature student' and get good grades as opposed to the fucknuts who messed up their whole first year or so drinking. These kids would come up to me thinking I was a frosh, too (cuz I look WAY too young) and ask if I wanted to go get wasted I would be thinking...no. Then after they realized I was smart, they would try and get me in their "study groups" and I would think....no. Kinda hard to get into pharmacy with C's, ain't it bitches?!?! That is my sweet revenge on them.

ahhh, OAC... nothing quite like hitting the bar during one of your high school spares, and then trying to act sober for your last period. But I digress. I took a couple of years off after high school and got most (not all) my partying out before hitting university. I still partied, but I had my priorities straight. Having said that though, getting hammered with somebody is a good way to get to know people. You're taking people out of there comfort zone, giving them something that lowers inhibitions so you get to see the real individual. It's not very often that you can like somebody hammered, but hate them sober. However, alot of times you can like somebody sober and hate them hammered.

Anyways, my advice... enjoy the experience of being at University, being away from your parents etc. But remember what you are there for, and remember that anything in excess isn't good, whether that be studying or partying. Have fun.