mself084

Annoying Telemarketers

Holy shit, no-one here can stay on topic about anything!

Anyways, how do I add myself to the DNC list?

I just figured out it's ebay that is calling me... id idnt know they did telemarketing now. I removed myself (I think)

I work for a call centre, but we do research studies, not selling shit.

I've had some horror stories myself, and honestly, try to be civil to telemarketers. It's not an easy job, and they're just trying to make a living. I know it sucks when they call you at dinner, but think about it: They're working a shift, and it's not like they get a break from 5-7. Therefore, SOMEONE is gonna get called during dinner, it's not really intentional.

Also, I feel bad for you guys living in Vancouver. You guys get marketed too more often than anywhere else in Canada. I remember on our last study, we were calling Vancouver, and everyone was an asshole (but it's understandable).

I get TD Canada Trust all the time. And HBC.

With TD Canada Trust they're not supposed to call me on my cellphone. When they do I start going all ape shit on the person at the other end like "HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET MY NUMBER! YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO CALL ME ON THIS NUMBER! HOW DID YOU GET MY NUMBER?! HOW DID YOU GET MY NUMBER! YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO CALL ME ON THIS NUMBER!!!!!!! TELL ME! NO! YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO CALL THIS NUMBER! TAKE ME OFF YOUR FUCKING LIST NOW! THIS IS MY FUCKING CELL PHONE! NO! YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO CALL THIS PHONE!!!"

And then they hang up on me ;) Haha, feels good. And I don't let them talk. That's just me rambling on.

I have had survey people call before and ask for the person who had the last birthday in our family and once you give them a name, they won't leave you alone until they get that person the phone.

Last December, they kept calling for me and I was so stressed and studying for exams I kept asking them to call back in a couple days and I would see if I had time. The people were always really nice and agreed. Finally, this one bitch told me I had to do the survey because they needed the results soon and I flipped out and told her "I was willing to do the survey on MY time but you have quite frankly, pissed me off and I don't ever want you to call my house again." She asked when would be a good time to call back. I had to yell at her because she was retarded, I told her 5 times to not call back. Fucking whore.

i hate when people call and you can't understand them. i understand that canada is a very diverse nation and i'm all for equal opportunity and everything, but when your job depends on your voice you should at least be able to speak the language clearly.

i hate when people call and you can't understand them. i understand that canada is a very diverse nation and i'm all for equal opportunity and everything, but when your job depends on your voice you should at least be able to speak the language clearly.

welcome to canada.

just because they dont know how to speak english, doesnt mean you have to know how to understand english

it better be clear english or french. the national languages. if you want to speak your other languags too, all the power to you but at work (if it involves lots of vocal communication to the public) it's clear french or english.

trust me, i worked for a call center, i know what you are talking about, i didnt know why they hired them, i guess they needed the workers, it's not fun being on the phone for hours and hours.

haha that reminded me of this one time when a telemarkete called my asain friends house, he started speaking in some 'anese so the telemarketer transfered him to someone who speaks that and he started speaking english and so they kept transfering him between these people until they yelled at him and hung up