nobody really liked The Dissociatives. he's too happy to write good songs these days.Atleast that's the theory. He's happily married and he's dealing with his anorexia.

I don't know, I don't really agree with this theory. I don't think that only sad/depressed people can make good music/art.

Continuing the nerd-out: Barenaked Ladies' Rock Spectacle is always enjoyable for me.

Damnit! I was going to say Rock Spectacle!

And Blind Guardian is thumbs up too

I guess I'll go with Philosopher Kings' "One Night Stand"

Flogging Molly - Alive Behind the Green Door

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Live Alive

Pink Floyd - Pulse

Janis Joplin - Live in Amsterdam

Also I agree with Chris the Mighty Mighty Bosstones are missed and the live albumn is great

stevie ray vaughan has a live album and i don't have it? i must correct this oversight.

stevie ray vaughan has a live album and i don't have it? i must correct this oversight.

He has two actually there is a double disc of live at the Montreux Jazz Festival 1982 & 1985. Plus during the first disc the crowd BOOs him after every song, which is sad because he is an amazing guitar player. In the 1985 disc however they love him because he is more established. It just goes to show that some people cannot accept pure talent if they haven't heard any of the artisits songs on the radio

He has two actually there is a double disc of live at the Montreux Jazz Festival 1982 & 1985. Plus during the first disc the crowd BOOs him after every song, which is sad because he is an amazing guitar player. In the 1985 disc however they love him because he is more established. It just goes to show that some people cannot accept pure talent if they haven't heard any of the artisits songs on the radio

i've heard about him being booed at montreux. snobby idiots. i have the live at el maocambo dvd on my computer, but i don't have any live albums, just a few random live songs on the end of his albums. actually, i listened to "live without you" on the end of 'in step' last night for the first time where he stops half way through and gives a speech about how glad he is to be alive and recovered. that put a huge lump in my throat.

i'm gonna say Stage by David Bowie.

as far as bootlegs go, i quite enjoy the Pixies bootleg i have of them playing a show in Minneapolis (4.13.04). or this old U2 bootleg from 1987, during the Joshua Tree days.