HoboFactory

Steve Irwin Crocodile Hunter Has Passed Away

http://au.news.yahoo.com/060904/23/10ebv.html

Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin has been killed in a stingray attack near Cairns on Australia's far north coast.

It was believed Irwin had been swimming off the coast of Cairns when he was stung.

"It is understood he was killed by a stingray barb that went through his chest," Brisbane's Courier Mail reported this afternoon.

Irwin was best known for his documentary series "The Crocodile Hunter".

I'm rather gutted. He did so much good by helping animals (rehab'ing at the zoo or right there in the bush) & educating people about animals. He's left a legacy behind in his zoo and television shows. I heard cardiac arrest was caused by the sting which is what killed him, but we'll likely learn of the exacts in a few days. I feel terrible for his family - Terri was out on a hiking trek. Don't know who the kids were with.

He was simply an inspiration for life in general, no matter what you think of animals or his relationship with them - he just had so much passion for what he did, and with the best of intentions and good will, he did what was in his power. Cheers to that. Cheers to Steve.

Edited by nerd glasses

Yes. No animal could think of killing such a noble man. Obviously there is something more to this. This creature was not normal. They want you to believe it was a simple ray, but in all reality it wasn't. This ray is demon-born, a creature from Hell itself.

I will make it my duty in life to hunt and destroy the very demon monster that took Steve Irwin's life.

You have the whole ocean to hide in, demon-ray, and use it well.

just read the news too, and hopefully he will be remembered for his work as an animal conservationist, and not the movie he put out. also, he would the second person i would want on a plane with me if there where snakes on it.

Edited by garsk

I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm really not surprised, nor do I particularly care. It was only a matter of time before it happened, though I had my money on getting mauled by a gator, or bitten by a snake. Oh well, I'm sure after a few days the sting of his death will be gone.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm really not surprised, nor do I particularly care. It was only a matter of time before it happened, though I had my money on getting mauled by a gator, or bitten by a snake. Oh well, I'm sure after a few days the sting of his death will be gone.

yay! i'm not alone.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm really not surprised, nor do I particularly care.  It was only a matter of time before it happened, though I had my money on getting mauled by a gator, or bitten by a snake.  Oh well, I'm sure after a few days the sting of his death will be gone.

yay! i'm not alone.

Same. I'm realy not suprised in the least, and as you can tell, I think I'm the only person who's made light of it. Why is this such a shocker?

I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm really not surprised, nor do I particularly care.  It was only a matter of time before it happened, though I had my money on getting mauled by a gator, or bitten by a snake.  Oh well, I'm sure after a few days the sting of his death will be gone.

yay! i'm not alone.

Same. I'm realy not suprised in the least, and as you can tell, I think I'm the only person who's made light of it. Why is this such a shocker?

I feel the same way. With him being around such dangerous animals, I had a feeling this was gonna happen someday.

I do feel bad for a his wife and kids though. RIP Steve.

wow Doormat is pretty damn funny...

Anyways I felt horrible when I found out at work that Steve had died. At first I didn't believe anyone cause you basically hear every month that Steve has been killed in some sort of accident.

R.I.P. Steve and I wish Terri and the kids all the best.

the news sucks but I like how they call it an "accident".he died shooting his documentary titled "The Ocean's Deadliest".

this guy was an audacious fool. I don't feel bad because he cheated death more times than any of us could ever hope to. his show was basically just him harassing animals.

He was no doubt hovering over the stingray saying something like, "crikey! never approach a stingray like I am or else he'll..." Atleast he died before he put his family in any real danger. and I mean that in the nicest possible way