gonna.die.in.coquitlam

Ummmmmm

It was the death of his life in Vancouver.

I whole-heartedly agree with that. Equally but sadly thought....

The place were a person has grown, lived, loved, pained, and cherished, is considerably and incredibly more important to an individual than one might think. Your home - May as well be considered a family member. If not more... Hate it or love it, your home will course through your veins like your very own DNA.

Now personally, I truly hope Matt returns one day and settles back down in Vancouver. I feel this way because I'm selfish.... For a few years now I've had plans to relocate from my lifetime partner of Edmonton, but life keeps getting in my way.

Vancouver for me has always represented somewhere and something very unique, and special. I've always thought even higher of it knowing that it has helped to create and form my favourite musician and philanthropist. And to be honest Matt and his music has been one of the stronger influences of why I've picked Vancouver as my future home and heart. It seems that it has done good for him and many others...

But knowing that the good city of Vancouver may have lost one of its brightest son's is a hard nugget for my thoughts and imagination to digest right now. I suppose it takes away from some of the romance I've had with Vancouver for the last two years. I can't really figure out why either... Although this does not detour me from my destination.

And more importantly... I hope that Matthew Good's current break up with his city, pushes him in a most positive direction. I hope he finds the things that were previously elusive to him in his lifetime city. May his journey bring him to a new place in his heart and a rejuvenation of all that once fuelled him in the past. Good luck to you Mr.Matthew Good. Just know that the great North American city of the sea and mountains will always be a part of you, and will be there to embrace you once more. Whenever you are well and ready.

Thank you Vancouver for this one of kind soul.

- Paul H,

of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.