Hyphnip

Playstation 3?

Are you getting a PS3?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting a PS3?

• Yes
    • No

I'm planning on getting one. Maybe not at release (because I don't want to have to deal with the eventual recall) but the main reason I'm gonna be willing to shell out $650.00 is for Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots. What does everyone else think?

I'm so torn between getting a PS3 and getting the Nintendo Wii...

I just modded my PS2, so I've got all these foreign games to play... Getting a PS3 seems like such a waste...but...the Final Fantasy franchise is with Sony...

Video games are dead.

Do you seriously think this? Video gaming is such a massive industry it's disgusting.......ly sweet!!!

And this is directed toward whoever was considering getting a Wii, or Wi or whatever the hell that gay thing is called. Get a PS3 or maybe even an Xbox360, buy a god damn Buick before you get that new nintendo peice of trash.

Video games are dead.

Do you seriously think this? Video gaming is such a massive industry it's disgusting.......ly sweet!!!

And this is directed toward whoever was considering getting a Wii, or Wi or whatever the hell that gay thing is called. Get a PS3 or maybe even an Xbox360, buy a god damn Buick before you get that new nintendo peice of trash.

I'm not a huge fan of the Xbox360

So, what makes you say the Wii's a piece of trash? I'm really kind of interested in what issues you have with it?

The controller looks a little lame, but I mean, it *seems* innovative enough.

I might just save my money and buy Guitarfreaks and Drummania, with the new suped up controllers. and Guitar Heroes. Maybe save for a hardtop DDR pad...

If I can't play real instruments, I'm going to sure as hell pretend I can with these games XD

Video games are dead.

Have to agree with Luc on this. The video game industry makes more money annually then the film industry. Take for example, Halo 2 made $125 million on its first day of release; compared to Pirates of the Caribbean 2 making $135 million in three days. The video game industry makes $25 billion in annual sales, and that number has increased every year for the past ten years. So, to say video games are dead is simply incorrect.

Also, I will not support Sony and the PS3. It's an absolute waste of money. I just purchased my Xbox360 and completely happy. Also, knowing Gears of War ships in two months makes me bust a load right now.

Edited by matrix

i voted no

just to be different

and that is SO punk

same reason why i support Bush

cause no one else is

;)

I hope you're joking about Bush.

I'm getting a PS3 after the price goes wayyyyy down, because I know it will, and it will have Final Fantasy XIII. That series has been my sole basis for buying the first two Playstations, I'm not about to stop now.

Edited by kirbenvost

I'm getting a PS3 after the price goes wayyyyy down, because I know it will, and it will have Final Fantasy XIII.  That series has been my sole basis for buying the first two Playstations, I'm not about to stop now.

haha! That was my reason too!

Muran

The controller looks a little lame, but I mean, it *seems* innovative enough.

Innovation doesn't make it good. I will give them credit for trying somethign new. But it's a shame their new idea is a horrible one. That controller will be so awkward, and really offers no advantage.

And the Wii will suck because it's nintendo. They were good 10 years ago, but they have been shooting blanks ever since after the N64.

Hobofactory

Well, in the last 9 years, I've been all about the PC's, and I've gone through 5 of them in that time, not a very good track record.

You must need to learn to pick your make/components better then. I have had mine for about 4 years or so now, and it isn't slowing down anytime soon.

Matrix

Also, I will not support Sony and the PS3. It's an absolute waste of money. I just purchased my Xbox360 and completely happy. Also, knowing Gears of War ships in two months makes me bust a load right now.

Right now I will agree with you. The PS3 is so overpriced at the moment. In a few months time though, I think it will be worth it once good games start coming out.

EDIT: Oh, and Hobofactory. Are you implying you are a hobo factory or that you are from a hobo factory?

Edited by Lucmeister

Luc,

Depending what you're doing with your computer you can get away with running something from the P3 era with 256MB of RAM and be getting along just fine. However if Hobo is an avid gamer, then his track record is pretty good. To play the latest and greatest with all the eye candy on you need a beefy system. Hell even if you're just developing and encoding you need a beefy system. These types of programs push hardware to the limit and beyond.

Oh, and PS3 = waste of money at releasse. It'll come down to the Wii (for the possibilities it offers in innovative gameplay) and the 360, just for the price/performance.

I am quite aware you need an up to date computer to play the latest games. Don't think for a second I and un-informed about this.

I have had a computer that can run all the latest games now for over 4 years without any modifications to it. So I think I may just know what I'm talking about.

And this has nothing to do with games anyways. It's not like you can go out and buy the all magical Mac and then suddenly it upgrades itself when new technology comes out.

You must need to learn to pick your make/components better then. I have had mine for about 4 years or so now, and it isn't slowing down anytime soon.

I've never settled for bottom of the barrel comps, well except the very first one, it lasted a few weeks beforing going south. It's gotta be my luck or maybe punishing use or something, but they always seem to go bad after 2 years (at most). It's not that they all totally broke, they just become gradually but increasingly problematic as time goes on to the point when they become a pain to use.

EDIT: Oh, and Hobofactory.  Are you implying you are a hobo factory or that you are from a hobo factory?

Neither, I used to have something of a band by the name Hobo Factory, I think it sounds neat so I use it.

I have had a computer that can run all the latest games now for over 4 years without any modifications to it. So I think I may just know what I'm talking about.

Then my friend, you really need to go and contact Intel, Nvidia, ATI, AMD, and a score of other manufacturers because apparenlty you have a mystical computer. The only way you're playing the latest and greatest on 4 year old tech is if you're turning the eye candy way down. Top end card back then was a 9700 Pro... a great card for its time, but it would really be showing its age now.

EDIT - Oh and before I forget, I never said Mac is the answer, in fact unless you have a special need for them, they're overpriced. You're better off building a system yourself, or have someone who knows what they're doing build a system for you. A properly configured WinXP system should be rock solid stable.

Edited by Spritzup

Then my friend, you really need to go and contact Intel, Nvidia, ATI, AMD, and a score of other manufacturers because apparenlty you have a mystical computer. The only way you're playing the latest and greatest on 4 year old tech is if you're turning the eye candy way down. Top end card back then was a 9700 Pro... a great card for its time, but it would really be showing its age now.

Radeon 9800 pro actually. And actually there are plenty of new games I can run on max settings, although there are a few i need to tone things down for.

thanks for telling me how my computer runs games though.

So basically your whole argument with me was idiotic, since I stated to play the latest and greatest with all the eye candy turned on, you need to have a beefy video card. Now you're saying that you need to turn down settings to play. I had the same card as you and while it was a great card, it wouldn't be able to keep up with newer games. Hell it started choking on Doom 3 and HL2 on anything over 1024.

Are you fucking kidding me? All I said was, and I quote:

" I have had a computer that can run all the latest games now for over 4 years without any modifications to it"

No mention of which settings I was running those games at. You came to your own conclusion that I ment the highest settings possible.

What you added was much more idiotic:

"to play the latest and greatest with all the eye candy turned on, you need to have a beefy video card."

........ THANKS FOR THAT

end of stupid argument.