i dunno...i use it cuz it's built into amarok. i guess i like 'representin' my music too. i've found that most of the recommendations have been bands i already have stuff by and just haven't listened to since i started using it, or bands i have heard and detest. i sift through my neighbors stuff too once in a while too looking for hidden gems. i'm more apt to find new stuff that way i think, cuz a computer program is gonna have a hell of a time figuring out my taste.

i love it. a lot of the recommendations it makes are bands that i've heard and dont listen to for a reason, but there are also quite a few recommendations that it makes that i am quite thankful for.

i also just like knowing who i listen to and how often. it helps me keep from listenning to too much of the same.

I've got an account there, but I don't get how it's supposed to be used? Maybe I'm stupid, but when I search an artist I like, it always says their music isn't available on Last.fm yet. I don't know, I joined once on a whim and I didn't really spend a lot of time figuring it out, so maybe I'll have to go back and try it again.

I've got an account there, but I don't get how it's supposed to be used? Maybe I'm stupid, but when I search an artist I like, it always says their music isn't available on Last.fm yet.

take that as a compliment. it means your taste is too hip for the masses. probably has more to do with record companies or something, but that's what i like to think. i noticed matthew good isn't available on last.fm.

apparently... thats weird. I think I am pretty O/C, I get pissed off when things are put in the wrong place at work, my CD's and DVD's are all ALWAYS in alphabetical order, my MP3's all have to have a "artist- trackname" set up with proper spelling, punctuation and capitalization... I'm nuts