it's loading faster for me now. before i wsn't even able to log in. i'm just happy it continues to scrobble my music plays. the layout isnt TOOOOO bad... but it just looks incomplete with all the white. and leaving the comment box on the bottom? comeonnnnn. i like that you can finally go bck and see ALL of your comments that people have written on your page, finally. i was worried they were lost forever.

have you guys checked out your recommendations? mine are far superior to what they used to be... what i mean by that is, they actually look like bands that are a) actually related to my current listening habits and b) bands that i would be interested in checking out (or have expressed interest in already).

FINALLY THEYVE STOPPED TELLING ME TO LISTEN TO RED HOT CHILI PEPPERSSSS!

My recommendations stay the same even a month after I've listened to the recommendations. They've switched around a few of them, but for the most part they are the same for me.

But yeah it is nice to see all the shouts people have made. The Library is a nice feature, and I also like that you can see all the "Loved" tracks. But everything is too big.

I totally wasn't expecting a site overhaul though...

they emailed everybody about two or three weeks ago with a link to the beta site.

i like it. i dont think the changes really make it "another myspace"... they just enhance the site's ability to be a social network, which is what it's been to begin with. if anything, i think certain aspects of it being a "social" site are questionable (i.e. your shoutbox being at the bottom of the page).

i am surprised though that CBS bought them. never knew that.

they emailed everybody about two or three weeks ago with a link to the beta site.

i like it. i dont think the changes really make it "another myspace"... they just enhance the site's ability to be a social network, which is what it's been to begin with. if anything, i think certain aspects of it being a "social" site are questionable (i.e. your shoutbox being at the bottom of the page).

i am surprised though that CBS bought them. never knew that.

Okay then, I guess it must have been lost in my junk mail or something.

I think the changes are winning me over. Before I would check my plays every once in a while, but with what they're trying to do now, I can see myself staying a while. I guess that's the plan; get people to spend time at the site.

I'm still waiting patiently for the new Virb site. As a musician, I think that one's got the best potential of them all. Especially the fact that you can incorporate pretty much any widget, blog, or photostream onto your main page. Making it a place where all your social networking sites converge.

The shoutbox is buggy for me and I hate that it's at the bottom, and I don't like my Library is smack-dab in the middle of my page with big pictures of my top 8 (man, my top 8 is predictable!), and my status feed is annoying (I KNOW what I just did, thanks!) but other than that the new features have grown on me.

I've always wanted to be able to see which tracks I favor between certain artists rather than digging through my top tracks for them, and the Library allows me to do that. I'm absolutely digging the automatic chart updates now, too.

Alright where is the inbox on the new layout? It's telling me I have a new private message but I don't know how to access it.

EDIT nevermind got it. FYI it's at the top right hand corner, click on the down arrow next to your username.

Edited by soundless_space

weird. what's the purpose of being able to delete certain artists from your "library"??? i just deleted the foo fighters from it (on purpose, just to see what would happen), who had a significant play count, and i just don't get it. is it so people can make themselves look cooler by being able to delete all the bands they're not proud of?

i can kinda see how it's functional... because after 57,000 plays my top 10 doesnt necessarily reflect who i am anymore... so rather than being able to reset my entire account, i can just delete individual artists. cool, but still weird.

Yeah I wanted that feature a while ago but now I don't really see the point. If people see that I listened to Taking Back Sunday 155 times I don't really care anymore. Haha. I see it being useful if you want to delete an artist you don't want in your Last.fm history, and therefore you don't want recommendations based upon. Maybe.