I think I've decided that I'm going to go to the concert alone--just too good of a show to miss.

And this isn't the first time I've been a concert alone--the only problem is really between the sets; pretty awkward but walking around the venue over 20 times really makes the time fly by. So if anyone sees a loner talking to nobody, come up to me and say: "So you must be Moncton? A pleasure to meet you!"

Great show! Now I've been to a lot of concerts...and this is only the second concert ever where I bought merchandise (their two albums). Wow, very impressive set. What's most impressive that they can deliver live especially Paul Murphy...that guy makes it look easy up there.

Full house too. If it was not sold it, then it was damn close. I really wanted to find Meg but I didn't see her or her alleged dress! Even if you were with a bunch of your cool friends, I so would have said something. That was the only letdown of the night.

Well the opening acts were bland. But they're supposed to be a bland and the crowd is supposed to talk over their set the entire time--it's the rule.

jason, i didn't know you were going! you should have told me earlier. jeeze.

i got self conscious about the whole dress so i didn't wear it. you probably did see me, if you were in sight of the stage whilst wintersleep was playing. i was directly infront of paul, with the camera.

this was my 5th time seeing them, and they were spectacular as usual. brain borcherdt opened for them and i got to talk to him. he's very nice, even though he made fun of matt good on stage. jerk.

i was infront of him at that point, too so i said "my heart just shiveled up" and he gave me a weird look.

um.. i think that's all for now. i'll post pictures later.

oh! and i got the only red jacket left. so noone else in hamilton has it unless they ordered it.

fuck yeah.

Okay it turns out that I was just steps away from you the entire time. I was near the big bass system JUST to the right of you. That's weird that I didn't see you...unless you changed! Hmmm. So yes, I was beside the guy who was taking all the big flash photography (I'm sure you noticed).

As for the Matt Good comment, I didn't hear it--I would had been enraged. ALSO, I was looking for you because I didn't have a ride back and I KNOW that you would have lent a fellow 'bored' member a ride; but rather, I had to walk all the way home because the concert was on a friggen Sunday (buses dislike to run on Sundays). Oh well.

Concert was fantabulus. Five times? That sure is a lot.

Red jacket? I went to the merch table immediately after so I had to have seen you. That just fucking sucks.

i was wearing a red scarf and brown jacket and black jean skirt.

add me on msn, 'cause if i had seen you i definately would remember. i have a weird thing where i'll see someone months after a show and still remember what show it was.

and yeah, 5 times. in the past 2 years, too. haha.

the matt good comment went like this...

"i wrote this song last week. i originally called it aparations and i thought it was a pretty cool song title until someone informed me it was a matt good song. so for now it's untitled. or i'll just call it matt good's throbbing hard on" - brian

*plays the song*

"that didn't sound like a matt good song" - random audience member

"i hope not! i hope it's a lot better!"

i conviently have the set list.

it went a little like this...

flight

jaws

caliber

weighty

scribble

orca

fog

faithful guide

nerves

migration

dead letter (new)

avalanche

archeologists

then 3 encores

i forget what they were... but the last was like a 10 minute rendition of danse macabre

That was such an impressive concert. Wish I was more familiar with these songs beforehand. Hard to say what was the best last night: nerves or macabre probably. Hell, the whole set was incredible besides ummm...weighty haha. But like I said earlier, buying two of their albums at the show really says something.

Yeah, that rendition of Dance Macabre was a marvelous, marvelous way to end a show. Won me over.

i conviently have the set list.

it went a little like this...

flight

jaws

caliber

weighty

scribble

orca

fog

faithful guide

nerves

migration

dead letter (new)

avalanche

archeologists

then 3 encores

i forget what they were... but the last was like a 10 minute rendition of danse macabre

Nice... this makes me even more stoked for their Van show.

I wonder if one of those new songs is the Tambourine song. I know that its name isn't official... and damn no Insomnia. Maybe they don't play it live or something. Oh well. At least they still play Weighty Ghost. That song has so much energy live. I love it.

For anyone interested, here's the b-side "Damage" that comes with the special edition of their newest album. Its not the best quality because I don't know a proper way of getting a song off the enhanced portion of a disk:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bztll1

I think I've decided that I'm going to go to the concert alone--just too good of a show to miss.

And this isn't the first time I've been a concert alone--the only problem is really between the sets; pretty awkward but walking around the venue over 20 times really makes the time fly by. So if anyone sees a loner talking to nobody, come up to me and say: "So you must be Moncton? A pleasure to meet you!"

i've done that many times and it never gets easier. beer helps a bit.