Thanks Kevin! I never even knew such a band existed. They had albums out?

Edit: I just listened to it. I MUST get that album, it's just the kind of stuff I like.

Give me details on how I can get it and if they only had one album out or more, google isn't really helping.

Edited by Designate

They were Paul Murphy's original band, and helped found their now-defunct label Dependent Music. They had 2 albums I know of. The first is extremely hard to find, I have only been able to find someone who has it, but he won't be able to send it to me for several weeks as he has no internet access right now.

The second, titled Light, is available on iTunes Canada (where I bought it), and Maple Music, where you can get mp3s or the actual CD, although I'm not sure if they ship overseas, I haven't checked...but I see the price is listed in Euros as well so that's a good sign. Last.fm also has a page for them where you can stream it.

Yeah, its a sad day in internet times when people can't voice their "useless" opinions without getting shit for it.

On another note, is anyone hearing hints of Wintersleep in the group People In Planes? I'm just getting into them lately, and obviously they're more mainstream sounding but I swear their styles are pretty similar. The song "Flesh and Blood" off their new album perhaps? Maybe I'm just looking for something to fill the gap between releases.

Yeah, its a sad day in internet times when people can't voice their "useless" opinions without getting shit for it.

On another note, is anyone hearing hints of Wintersleep in the group People In Planes? I'm just getting into them lately, and obviously they're more mainstream sounding but I swear their styles are pretty similar. The song "Flesh and Blood" off their new album perhaps? Maybe I'm just looking for something to fill the gap between releases.

fuck you she's clearly post whoring to get nf$

ps. suck it

fuck you she's clearly post whoring to get nf$

ps. suck it

Nice man, real nice.

Am I the only one who was slightly disappointed by their last album? I don't know but it left me wanting more.

I definitely don't have the same sentiments towards their new one. Since its release, its made its way into my top five albums of all time. With the exception of Oblivion; not being up to par with the other songs, its perfect.

But they did take a different approach to this album and I can see how it could put people off.

I guess I should check out People in Planes!

Psh, who needs NF$ anyway? I've got over 2000 and don't even need any...

As for the new album, you're not alone Shiri. I like most of the songs (including Oblivion), but it's just not the same as the last 2 albums. I love it, it's just not quite as good.

I blame it on the production... the Live Sessions are the same songs but sound different, closer to the style from the first 2 albums, aside from the way he's singing now.

But I'm not liking whomever they hired to do the mastering and stuff, he gave everything a weird reverb/distortion sound that's really different. Plus I can notice errors where one instrument will suddenly switch from one side of the stereo pan to the other for just a second or two, then go back. Stuff like that's not supposed to happen.

Like Meg said, Night Sky is more polished and has a couple verse-catchy chorus-verse type songs, but it's still mostly less conventional jam session type songs, only with higher end production.

That said, I still prefer album #2 (self titled) over the others.

I would say it's the best balance of production and content, #2.

WTTNS has the ultra-slick production, but there are also mistakes in the mastering and a lot of intentional distortion which I don't think lends itself well to their type of music. It shows in the iTunes Live sessions, they're the same songs with the same arrangements but they sound so much better without the overproduction.

#1 is very sparse, partially because of the songs themselves, partially from the mastering. I've heard the remastered ones and I prefer the originals, they have this feeling of such loneliness... it really feels as if you're there in whatever context the song puts you in.

So anyway, I was looking for more Kary and came upon this:

http://radio3.cbc.ca/bands/KARY

I've currently lost the ability to to rip streaming audio, but this is a start. If anyone has the time and setup to do it or has access to mp3s, sharing would be appreciated.

So far I prefer the songs from Light, but these are still really good.

I don't suppose anyone would mind sharing a couple songs with me...I'm specifically looking for a couple. Orca, Search Party and Drunk on Aluminium. If anyone would be able to upload or send these to me I would be very grateful. I know people who will give blowjobs upon my command.....think about it....