Hyphnip

How Did You React When You Heard Mgb Broke Up?

APA with tyler the carmelina boy

ahh, the good ol' days. i wonder what happened to ty :angry:

why, what happened Sagar?

Hey, I remember Sagar. He was that talented artist and webpage designer. He had his drawings published in 'At Last There Is Nothing Left to Say' too. I didn't know he was on this board. It's been a while. ;)

I remember it like it was yesterday

the first time, there was talk that dave was out, and ryan dahle was to step in for him on some aob tour dates. then, those were canceled and it was announced on the fox a couple days later (radio station in vancouver) i totally didn't believe it, i thought they would get back together. haha i was bummed.

the emotios..to much for me...haha

i used to subscribe to Chart Magazine and I was anxiously waiting the new MGB album.'

i looked in the section near the front that has a calendar of the past month and details what happened in the past month of music.

early in the month: dave genn leaves

i was so sad!

two days later: dave genn rejoins

happy!

a few days after: dave AND ian leave (or was it pat...)

very sad!

then it said, at the end of the month that they were back together.

wooo, i was so happy.

then a bit later they broke up for reals.

I wasn't really totally suprised. Saw it coming in a way, and really was kinda excited to see what new route he would take. I mean, he did start out in a way by himself anyways.He used to say he would write music in his apartment and knew the lady in another apt. could loudly hear him and put up with it. I like the solo stuff a bit better really.

Meh, I had a feeling it was coming after seeing how Dave and Matt talked during the Gonna Meet A Rockstar special... Just didn't seem right.

Was kinda down though because I had really wanted to see them in concert and was really impressed by every album. But then again I would rather what we have now than 3 or 4 records like BM or AOB.

I saw that gonna meet a rock star bit, there was some obvious animosity there. I was upset by the breakup, because I'd bought tickets for my one chance to see them, and then had to leave on a business trip the day before the show. So I was pretty bummed that I'd lost out on a chance to see them before it ended. However, I really like the solo stuff, and I'm definitely going to find a way to see him this time around.