heyrabbit

Disne World Began Fingerprinting

Do you agree or disagree with Disney World using biometrics for identification  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree or disagree with Disney World using biometrics for identification

• Agree
    • Disagree

So, this isn't news but, last year Disney World started using fingerprinting as a means of customer identification. They mainly wanted to cut down on the amount of customers buying and sharing 10 day passes.

Does anyone else find this absurd? You don't need to forfeit information this personal when you drive a car, fly on a plane or buy guns, but it's required at Disney World? Plus, there's no real garuantee that this information will be kept safe. They claim it's only stored for 3 months and that it only registers the "simple biometric shape of your hand, enough to differentiate your hand from anyone elses." Some claim that the equipment used is no different from a regular fingerprint scanner and that the only difference is the software. I believe that.

Do you think this is reasonable or not?

Article

i have never been to disney world, the closest (sp?) i have been to disney world was when my father drove past it in our family car on a family trip to florida. my dad casually drove past the outer walls of the "happiest place in the world" and my brother sister and I (i was 13, my brother 15 and sister 17 at the time) had our faces pressed against the glass so we could see it. i havent seen it since ;) but then again, i have reason to see it again, it would more then like cost an arm and a leg to get in. as for the fingerprinting... it is a private company, they can do what ever they want too.

in the end, i will mark myself down as "dont care"

Edited by garsk

my dad casually drove past the outer walls of the "happiest place in the world" and my brother sister and I (i was 13, my brother 15 and sister 17 at the time) had our faces pressed against the glass so we could see it.

It's not as good as it's made out to be.