Ryan44

Where Were You On 9/11

so all day today and yesterday, its been lots of stuff on 9/11/01. this hits pretty close for me, because we have faimly friends that worked in the towers. who are all safe, but still.

here is how i remember the week. i was in NYC sept 2-9. with my family visiting these friends. sept 8, i was AT THE WTC. i have pics somewhere, but they arent digital. so it is realyl creepy.

but how do u remmebr when it happened?

i had just woke up, and got ready fro school, as usual my younger bro and i watched the news to see the weather reports, and i flipped to another channel, ABC, and they said that a plane had crashed into the WTC. now at first probably as most people, i thought it was fake. then i started to realize, it wasnt. so i thoght it was probably just a cessna, no big deal. BUT THEN, i see this thing coming from off the side of the screen, it was a big black jet, and it slammed into the towers. i will never ever forget that day as long as i live.

whats your story.

also if u got nothing good to say, like u are sick of hearing about it, dont say anything at all.

Nothin special. I was in my first period spare in school. it was around 9:30 atleast, so by this time the teachers were all gossiping about the news. Having never been to New York, I had no idea what the WTC was. one of my teachers broke the news said that those buildings combined hold around 50 thousand people and they must all be dead,(or atleast 30 thousand). We all agreed that this was a reasonable estimate.

We listened to the radio in my 2nd period art class. I later watched the happenings on the T.V. in the photography classroom. By this time in my life I was completely desensitized to explosions and I only thought about it twice.

Edited by heyrabbit

I was in Ontario in school at the time. At a place called Orangeville Secondary School (that was the actual name). It was lunch time and I was with some buddies watching TV in this arena we always go to, to eat lunch.

And of course up popped this news, and it took a while for it to sink in that this was pretty huge.

i remember coming home after a day of sitting in grade 9 talking about it, to my mom who was in tears, we watched the coverage, and they showed clips of reports earlier, and u could hear this loud popping noise, i had no clue waht it was, i later figured it out it was people hitting the ground.

one of my teachers broke the news said that those buildings combined hold around 50 thousand people and they must all be dead,(or atleast 30 thousand). We all agreed that this was a reasonable estimate.

i remember thinking that too. i was sure that everyone was dead, they said the death toll could be in the 25-50 thousand range.

that's one of those things where nobody can understand the magnitude of it. I have a PVR and I rewinded the clip of the first plane hitting the tower a few times.. Alive...dead. alive...dead. It's still bizarre watching the people stranded on the top floors. I've played Rampage so many times in my youth that I have trouble grasping what's going on when you see those poeple hanging outside a window 100 stories up.

I was half-sleeping in the car on the way to school, when my mum called my dad on his cell and told him to turn on the news, because something horrible was happening to the WTC, where my great-aunt works.

We were all freaking out for the longest time, until we got a call from her, saying she was safe.

I remember going to History 12, and discussing what was happening, as it was happening.

Was on my way to school (was in 9th grade). A friend called my house, to let me know, but I was outta the house by then, so he reached other people in my family. As I approached the school building, I noticed the flag was only halfway up and wondered why that could be. Went inside and heard all sorts of buzz, some of it as off "all of Virginia has been destroyed." Ran into some friends and we went into the a room that had a TV, and watched the news reports, don't remember for how long.

I was at home, it was the fall after grad and work hadn't quite started yet. I remember walking into the living room at my parents old house and they were watching tv, and there was this flaming building... All I could think at first was it was a movie, like most other people. I don't think I saw the second plane or the falling towers... Maybe it was a recording I saw later that day. I can't remember right now.

When it happened I was still in bed. My dad ran upstairs and yelled at me "The World Trade Centre has just been destroyed!" and I was like "What?!" because I was asleep and then he told me to come downstairs and see.

Then I went to school and the school had TV's all through the building (because it was a technology school or something like that) and it was on. Except there were kids running up and down the halls saying "death to America" and I ended up yelling at them to shut the fuck up.

I woke up for school, eating breakfast and my Dad tells me what happened. I laughed and said "Pilot must've been drunk" then the second plane hit and I was less jovial. I went to school but skipped every class to sit in the library and watch CNN (we were allowed to that day) and it all felt so surreal.

The thing I found funny about the whole situation was that the day before the attacks, a man came to our school and gave a presentation about how lucky our generation is because for the first time in a long time, we don't have the threat of war hanging over our heads. I bet he changed his whole presentation after that.

edit: by the way, Shiri, Lacuna Coil = <3

Edited by Hyphnip

Sitting in a high school C programming class, as I recall. When it became apparent that something was happening, I believe several of us entered a teacher's lounge to get to the TV. Both planes had already impacted the towers, but I did watch them collapse on apparently live TV. I suppose in retrospect it was interesting 'watching history in the making', to use a bad cliche.

For whatever reason, I was neither shocked nor particularly surprised compared to most people. I was, however, personally blamed (jokingly) for the attack at least twice before the end of the day. Some may now say that my accusers were in bad taste. I didn't really care.