Some Random

Favorite Instrumental Songs

Master/Slave - Pearl Jam

November Hotel - Mad Season

Dead Man Walking: The Score (mostly Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan & David Robbins) - particularly "The Possum," & "Helen Visits Angola Prison."

Battle, Dungeon #2, & Dungeon #3 from the Genesis RPG "Sword of Vermilion".

TV themes for Star Trek: TNG, ST: Voyager, & Oz.

Main Theme for ST: First Contact

Theme for Michael Palin's "Pole to Pole" travel-documentary.

Blue Train - John Coltrane

Keating's Triumph - Maurice Jarre (Dead Poets Society main theme)

Vancouver-based band LOUD (you can hear their music in The Corporation - taiko drums and guitar + some keys & programming)

As for instrumental Wintersleep, check out their version of We Three Kings (a Christmas carol, I know) -- just the intro is so soothing (vocals start, eventually). Plus, Nerves Normal, Breath Normal is almost instrumental, if you think of the lyrics/vocals as just another instrument. They don't alter the tune thaaaaaaaat much.

Of course, I'm drunk, so what do I know?

Hah, I actually have We Three Kings on a non-Christmas mix cd because it's so cool. I love it, and Nerves Normal, Breath Normal IS instrumental for the last 5 minutes or so, but...they don't really count. Same reason I can't count a lot of songs even where there's no words, just singing...doesn't count by my standards.

As a band geek, I have to say that I'm quite impressed with the love for jazz on here. I'll to what's been put on here with Charles Mingus, especially anything from the album Mingus Ah Um. That's some wicked awesome music.

Some good classical:

Holst - The Planets

Joaquin - Concierto d'Aranjuez (can be found on Sketches of Spain by Miles Davis. Amazing, beautiful record.)

Respighi - The Pines of Rome Mvt. 4: Pines of the Appian Way

Macbeth - Kaddish

Pretty much anything by Alfred Reed

Eric Whitacre - October

Elgar - Enigma Variations

Ah, The Planets. Once you've listened through the suite, and familiarized yourself with the themes, you'll hear it every day.

It may be the most stolen music for soundtrack use I've ever heard. Good thing copyright doesn't exist retroactively and in perpetuity.