heyrabbit

some post about degrees

As far as my Davies comment, I'm sure you're familiar with hyperbole.

You will do a large amount of work in Engineering because you are required to to pass. I will do a large amount of work in Biology because I love it. If you like friends, though, I'd highly recommend that you don't tell anyone that you work harder than they do: I spent 14 consecutive days, without breaks, working for 14 hours every day, getting paid about $5 an hour -- because it seemed an experience pertinent to my studies and my interests.

How is that relevent? It's not! No examples of how much any single person does is really relevent to any of this -- as with everything, you'll get out of school what you put into it. The folks doing no work on your floor will get little in return from their studies. If you work lots, you'll get lots.

It should really be left at that.

I'm not going to argue about this anymore, either, because it's silly. To continue would be a mere pissing contest. Even if you do do more work than all of us, and every other person in any other area of study, was does that matter? If you're complaining, you should find something to study that you don't need to complain about. If you're trying to tell us that engineering requires a higher intellect or work ethic than another programme, then that's just arrogance.

If I express any more opinions in this thread, it will be in haiku form. That seems more fitting.

Edit: Apologies, re-reading the beginning of the thread, perhaps you're taking sciences, right now, ecnarf. It's all the same.

Edited by cringleman

Yes, I'm bowing out. I've made my points, Ecnarf at this point is grasping at straws, considering he's been rebutted by everyone.

Good plan, even I rebuttled him...

Kirk, we should gather up all the women we know and have a sexy party! JTB, Garsk and Sparq can join as well...seeing how you guys are single, I just be the host/bartender and watch the show.

Now where can we find the sexy single ladies...?

Just to add something to the original topic:

It's a hard fact that some programs graduate more people then there are jobs for. Engineering is no exception. At my university we graduate far too many EPs. If you throw out the market demand for a degree then all fields equalize, end of story.

btw ;)