*bump*

I'm completely hooked on this album! I'd rate it as their third best

1) White Pony

2) Around The Fur

3) Saturday Night Wrist

4) B-sides (tie)

4) Adrenaline(tie)

6) Self titled (though Minerva is an amazing song!)

just bought it tonight. i'll give it a spin. i broke self-titled quite some time ago, so i forget if i liked it or not. someone should buy it for me...

(or rip it to flac and make a torrent.. eh? eh?)

i will say this, however, i long for the days when deftones could rock the fuck out and go all metal on my ass. i enjoy a little drop d every now and then.

Edited by saturnine

See, I wasn't losing my shit over the self-titled when it hit dirt, either. But to stack it up against White Pony just isn't fair, really. On a track-by-track basis, though, the self-titled doesn't do too shabbily. Anniversary of an Uninteresting Event just floors me, and nobody really mentions it much.

The self-titled was at least different than what they did before, it has some elements that they never put in their music until then, so it was interesting, even if you didn't like the elements. But this album just sounds sort of "back to basics" which I don't like. But then again, I only listened to this album once.

This album is great. I think it's my favourite of all of theirs. Very possible the best album of 2006. I've listened to it numerous times already and am not seeming to get sick of it in the least. I think they're going more and more alternative with each release yet still keeping in that metal-esque sound which is the best way to go what with them having a history of being categorized as nu-metal.

Quite frankly I don't really see the comparisons to White Pony at all. I think SNW sounds much different than it. Also I think it's far better than White Pony. Forgettable is actually the word I'd much much sooner use to describe WP.

Edited by Manchalivin

The problem with Saturday Night Wrist is you can listen to the entire album through and be satisfied...but there is nothing else there to bring you back to listen again.

Usually when people ask me my favourite I stick to Around the Fur...it has a combination of experimentation, interesting lyrics/structures, and dark mood.

White Pony/Adrenaline are both coolsauce as well.

Even the Self-Titled has more substance than Saturday Night Shit

I think it is their best and there is definitely plenty to keep bringing me back to it I'm sure, although I haven't listened to it in quite a decent while, lol. But that's probably because I listened to it quite a bit for a while there. Don't wanna wear it out.

Is it bad that I found this CD used, less than a month after it was released, for 2 bucks? And I own all Deftones albums and bought all but one for 2 bucks, only coz the other one had 2 disks?

Thank being said, Around The Fur is probably my favorite album... the Self Titled one is pretty good too, I liked the song Cherry Waves off of SNW...

I heard White Pony too many times over the years so I think I'm going to say that Adrenaline and Around The Fur are my two favourites, despite being early nu metal. S/T and Saturday Night Wrist are pretty much the same album.

Sorry but that's absolutely preposterous. SNW is WAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY different than the self-titled. It is their most diverse and is easily by a long shot their most atmospheric and dynamic and sounds largely unlike any of their others, yet still fits perfectly as a Deftones album.

How they rank:

1. Saturday Night Wrist

2. Deftones

3. Around The Fur

4. White Pony

5. Adrenaline

End. of. story. ;)