no yu begin wher i end

A Question About Universities And Music

Okay, so I'm looking to go into music next year, and complete a mixed Bachelor of Music/Education program so I can teach. University of Manitoba allows me to do this, and they have a pretty solid music program here. However, I don't really want to stay in Manitoba (and I don't think anyone can blame me for that). It's fairly likely that finances will keep me here, but I'm also seriously considering St. Francis Xavier (since their program focuses on jazz and they have a shortage of trumpet players). I'd like to keep my options open, though, and I don't know yet if St. FX offers that option. What's it like at your universities?

Western sounds like a good place, but I was looking through their site and it didn't look like they did many jazz studies, other than having a jazz ensemble.

UVic looks pretty good. I love Victoria, and Hugh Fraser directs their jazz ensemble. It's one I'll definitly keep in mind. Thanks for the help, guys.

Everyone should just come to Nova Scotia. Maybe if there's a massive influx of students, our moronic tuition rates will lower ...

Plus, there's nary a better way to be taught to drink than by a Cape Bretoner (maaaybe a Newf) -- and isn't that what higher education is about: the hedonistic binge-wasting of money you don't even have?

every reason i have to be home is also the same reason you have to be home. but i can see you in the summer, maybe.

edit: about joel and i, our status has changed to just friends. and i'm not looking for a boyfriend.

Edited by Lauren

Everyone should just come to Nova Scotia. Maybe if there's a massive influx of students, our moronic tuition rates will lower ...

Plus, there's nary a better way to be taught to drink than by a Cape Bretoner (maaaybe a Newf) -- and isn't that what higher education is about: the hedonistic binge-wasting of money you don't even have?

Marry me.

Please?

You have to be home to stock up on prosciutto and listen to your mom badger you about useless shit as well?

Huh.

i meant that when i go home to b-town, you go home to the gta.

but the roomates/bathroomates and i are making plans. they live in the gta also. one lives in newmarket (dun dun dun).