Some Random

Favorite Artists

I have sent her lots of money for paintings and such things. She's also going to be me doing a zip up hoody for me once she gets access to a silk screen.

Once I get them all, I'll take pics for everyone to see ;)

Also, she drew up this, which I am getting tattooed on Wednesday.

Edited by AnOceanPearl

I dig Ann Leibowitz. Her new Disney ad campaign is awesome:

disney_78_1.jpg

disneylebmain.jpg

snowhite.png

I was going to say Annie Leibowitz! HA

She is famous for her Rolling Stone covers and what-not. Also, now, she works with Vanity Fair...

This is definatly her most famous picture:

1075465653_247b4b6cb9.jpg

My personal favourites are Andy Warhol and Salvador Dali and I've had the opporunity on several occasions to visit exhibitions of their work. I talked my family into visiting the Salvador Dali Museum in Florida where they had the originals for the Hallucinogenic Toreador and Lincoln in Dalivision (among others)...all I have to say is that is some fucked up yet brilliant imagery. :angry: Also, while I was in Brugge, Belgium over the summer, there was a mini-gallery with some of his experimental watercolours.

As for Warhol, my best friend and I made it a point to go to Toronto to see the Supernova exhibition which was disturbing yet interesting as the focus was "stars, death and disasters." And then, when I was in Scotland, the National Gallery had a more diverse exhibition, which included Silver Clouds. ;)

I also like Roy Lichenstien's work, and all last night I was browsing pages of Storm Thorgerson's work for shits and giggles. (I have a huge promotion poster for Pink Floyd's Pulse DVD that came out a couple of years ago. It's awesome!)

I could go on, but I won't.

Edited by MissEmily