What do you consider to be the best/coolest/raddest live recording of a song by any band/any genre/any decade?

For me, its a tie between

the live version of

Jane Says by Jane's Addiction

or the live version of

A Boy Named Sue by Johnny Cash

your thoughts?

sunday bloody sunday- U2

another person who likes U2??! crazy!!!! everyone on here hates em with a passion. on that note im gonna say the best live song/band is....

The Tragically Hip. Gord Downies energy for an old guy is second to none, his concerts always rock

ooh...i thought of a couple:

"minarets" and "don't drink the water" off of the 'lost acoustics' dave matthews band album. both longer than the originals and better for it. in fact, any live version of a song that i already like, but that has extended jamming or variation is hella cool.

sunday bloody sunday- U2

another person who likes U2??! crazy!!!! everyone on here hates em with a passion.

Uh, I like U2!

Definitely David Usher - Black Black Heart. He's really good live.

Eagles - 'Hotel California'

Our Lady Peace - 'Not Enough and Naveed/Life', especially the latter. Amazing. I'm not even that into them anymore, and I'm still passionate about that song

Radiohead - 'Sunday Bloody Sunday'. Damn good cover, and very emotionally moving.

Wintersleep - 'Weighty Ghost'... well, it only exists live, but it's a great song. And while we're on Wintersleep, 'Caliber', 'How You Gonna Lie' (another live-only, at this point), 'Nerves Normal, Breath Normal' (gives me chills it's so good), 'Migration', 'Listen [Listen, Listen' (always beautiful in all its forms, and 'Archaeologist' (live only). What can I say, they're an amazing band.

Sam Roberts has not released a live cd, but Paranoia in concert was just amazing the way he weaved other cover songs into the jam section at the end. the slow build to the fast jam was just mindblowing.

also Climb Over Me by Sam Roberts was amazing as well.

*jealous*

i have heard nothing but awesome things about Sam Roberts live show, and I probably won't have the opportunity to ever see him live *knock wood*

of course he is playing a show in Minneapolis in october coming up...he's opening for Ben Kweller.

Opening?! i'm such a major Sam Roberts fan, i will take nothing short of a Sammy show.

and him releasing a live album would be the shit.