hockeyman151

Ghost In A Hospital Hall (merged)

I think this is due to current family circumstances. If you google AbioCor. It is an artificial heart. Didn't he cut his trip short to come home for a family emergencey? So could be someone is in need of a new heart? I dunno what do you think.

ps... I know i can't spell and its because the internet has made me lazy.

its a metaphor...

Quite frankly, given the new post by Matt, I can't help but think that we may witness the breakdown of a truly great artist. It's one thing to dismiss a post like this, however being that this is another one, this time dealing with Matt being in the hospital, you can't help but think the worst...

But I'm trying to be an optimist, hoping that these experiences will produce the best album to date, and that Matt does write and record a 15 minute song to put on a future album...

But I'm trying to be an optimist, hoping that these experiences will produce the best album to date, and that Matt does write and record a 15 minute song to put on a future album...

I've been seeing a lot of posts of this nature lately. I think we're decent human beings first and Matthew Good fans second. We should be more concerned with Matt's mental well-being than the calibre of music he may or may not produce as a result. In fact, I think the entire idea that traumatic experiences spark musical creativity is a bit naive.

Not necessarily 'naive' as such, I think it would be incorrect either way to assume that personal experiences have no influence on the music he creates or that they have an overwhelming influence. I think it is perfectly reasonable however to suggest that his current experiences will have some bearing on his future musical productions, whilst none of us wish it on him

I've been seeing a lot of posts of this nature lately. I think we're decent human beings first and Matthew Good fans second. We should be more concerned with Matt's mental well-being than the calibre of music he may or may not produce as a result. In fact, I think the entire idea that traumatic experiences spark musical creativity is a bit naive.

In no way did I mean that Matt should be rushing to the studio to record another album. And the quote about the "15 minute song" was taken from Matt on his site. What I was trying to do is put a positive spin on an otherwise dark situation.

Secondly, I am concerned for Matt and his well being given the quotes he posted on his flickr page:

"It's not about how they feel, it's about how I feel. That's what art is for. I found myself in a hospital bed thinking about the fact that I almost died last thursday, and a lot of things impacted me. I would like to say that the other half involved in the story behind this piece came to see me, or even called, or even treated it as if it were something other than an inconvenience to their life, as if an eternal stranger, not someone that stood shoulder to shoulder at an alter and smiled. That too has impact.

Art isn't for sparing anything because you're worried that other people might be offended. In the strictest of senses what I have said here is true, and therefore in no way slanderous. It is time that I stopped worrying about the reprocussions of feelings and simply allow myself to feel. Because the alternative is insanity or the decay of ones own humanity to such an extent that nothing matters anymore, and that relationships with other people exist only to serve ones own purposes."

Followed by:

"You know, and I don't mean to be rude, but seriously - people need to stow it with the simple quick fucking fix metaphors for the trials of life. The reason why we are so insulated as people in our society, and why pieces like this bother some, is because they refuse to deal with things properly. Instead they offer up lame one liners about moving on and using experiences to shape us. Shape has nothing to do with life, in my opinion. Form, on the other hand, has everything to do with it."

They can be found in original form here

Whenever you hear someone tell you that they "Almost Died" you cannot help but be concerned...

Edited by hockeyman151

"I want to point out that in the weeks ahead I am going to make a record. It will be a record of confusion, of openness, and one that will, quite obviously, deal very openly with what has happened to me this year. It will, like the drawings that I have removed, exist in perpetuity, a record of emotion, even though in the years to come my own perspective on events, and even the people involved, might change. It is, like any snapshot of a single moment, simply a representation of time, of colour, all for the sake of memory." - Taken from Matt's site.

Best...News...Ever... ;)